No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton Must Defy Conventional Wisdom To Upset Santa Cruz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b0x
    Nah I won't delete, I'm man enough to take the loss if Framps loses by points or KO. Shame about you though homes, pride's a killer!
    That's cool. Frampton won't KO him is all I'm saying. If he wins it's by a SD or MD at best. I think Leo knocks him out. I've seen frampton Bambi legged and out down by FAR less talent.

Comment

I'm surprised by the sheer number of people picking LSC to dominate/wreck Frampton. Skill wise, Frampton is superior. Only question is if he can stay on top of Leo for 12 rounds, with his pressure, and if he can surmount the reach disadvantage. If he boxes at his best, he beats Leo Santa Cruz in my view. He is quicker, has more punch variety, and vastly superior footwork. His chin is not made of glass as some people suggest: he took big shots from Martinez and Quigg. He can take a punch, that's for sure, and he frequently spars light-welterweights in the gym. I actually think he will shock Santa Cruz with his power and combinations. I got the Jackal by majority decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
        Only question is if he can stay on top of Leo for 12 rounds, with his pressure.
        He would have to change his style totally for this fight since Frampton fights off his back foot almost exclusively, counterpunching with precision and timing, along with some pop. If Frampton can hurt LSC, he stands a better chance. Because if he cant, he has to hope he can make SLC miss a ton of punches and pot shot him. LSC is my slight pick.....slight because Frampton can nail him and get his respect. But that LSC
        volume punching is a b1tch to overcome.

Comment

I think Frampton should actually take the fight to Leo Santa Cruz because if he attempts outbox him for twelve rounds, Cruz' size, pressure and work rate would be too much for him. He'll probably get worn down and stopped in the later rounds because of it.

Comment

Very difficult fight to predict.....LSC has the reach and height but frampton has the movement and speed...he's also more solid and even though LSC is a weight higher he's actually come from a lower weight class so core and strength wise Carl frampton is naturally bigger....something made frampton give up his belt as champion jump up in weight and risk his undefeated record...so obviously he has full belief in this fight and so do I......don't be surprised if you see both fighter hit the deck in this fight....I think frampton will win a close decision and outbox cruz......cant wait for this fight and great matchup of styles

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
              We'll see. I never watched Mr Bean so I didn't know that LOL. I'm absolutely buzzing for this fight, and regardless of the outcome, I'm sure it will be a great fight for the fans of the sweet science!
              Not quite the KO - but you were closer than me! Great fight!!

Comment

Working...
              X