No announcement yet.

[VIDEO] Klitschko vs Fury: The Gloves Are Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    I think he has a shot because he'll be hard to clinch and so much of Wlad's game relies on that. I'm still picking Wlad though.
    It's boxing and we all know anything can happen. It's a sudden death sport - It only take one punch. I do admire Tyson's confident though. His confident is real and he truly believes he'll win but I still find it hard to believe that Tyson has what it takes to pull the upset. I think Wlad will control this fight with his jab and Once Tyson feels the power of Wlad's punches he'll be quite defensive minded. Wlad takes him out of his element and wins by KO 8-12.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      It's available on skysports.com for the Green Teefs but Fat Yanks and co might not have seen this...

This was taped before Wlad pulled out with his "injury".
      Tyson Fury should pull out with an injured hairline. Sheesh that poor bastard looks 47, not 27.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Not bad. I can't wait for Whyte-Joshua. I think that comes out around fight week.
        AJ will probably blow Whyte out in 5 tbh

Comment

Tyson talks a good game. He'll look like a real idiot if he gets knocked out tho

Comment

I think Fury has shown he can still be entertaining by abandoning the clown routine and being fairly articulate and down to business, he came off quite well here and Wlad seemed a bit subdued. Overall expected more to be honest from this program, although i'd much prefer fireworks in the ring rather than in these pre-fight things - we saw the exciting hype followed by disappointment already with the Haye fight.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              What's interesting is that Fury says he has a speed advantage over Wlad. I think Wlad is quicker than a lot of people realise. I think Haye thought he was going to be much faster than Wlad but it wasn't the case. I'm not saying he is lightning fast, but his intelligent movement is just as effective as others quick movement. I think Haye felt he has so much speed advantage that he could dart in and out, but Wlad is very quick to take a backwards step and make guys lean in. Both Fury and Wlad are very agile for such big guys.

With that said, i still think Wlad is going to have to show something different in this fight if he's going to win it convincingly. I think the tactics like leaning down on the opponent to tire them isn't going to work with a bigger man, also Fury can match him for reach and Fury can fight long which may force Wlad to need to get a little closer than he's usually willing to if he wants to land shots, which might be ideal for Fury because he's a good inside fighter for a huge guy.

I still lean towards Wlad and he's rightly the favourite but he will have to show he has a few more tricks up his sleeve than he has needed to in recent years. I'm sure he does, he's very experienced.
              Not only is Wlad's speed underestimated, he throws his punches very short and crisp. He knocks people out with left hooks that start 6 inches from their face. Just look at the way he put down Povetkin.

Oh, and by the way, that hook comes off the best jab in boxing.... so there is that.

People have this mistaken belief that Wlad only does what he does because of his size. He uses his size to his advantage, but what makes him so imposing, is his power, precision, methodical approach to dismantling you...

People always think of him fighting at range, but look at when he goes on the attack, half the times he droppes someone for the first time, he explodes in with a short hook inside. He lulls them into thinking that he just wants to stay outside, and that they have to get inside past this jab to do anything, and they are unprepared for when he suddenly exploding towards them.

Fury's willingness to give up his height and "fight on the inside" is not going to be an advantage for him, because Wlad picks when he is going to fight on the inside, and you are going to pay for it when he does.

Comment

Wlad is superior boxer than Fury, I think he will win with his skills.

Comment

This is the stuff some people don't see with Fury. He's a much deeper thinker & boxing student than people think. Based on previous video's he seems to have the skinny on virtually any HW 2-0 & up. Anyone who's been watching the IFL interviews with Kugan Cassius has seen this thoughtful, smart & well spoken Fury too numerous to mention times, but for some the fact that Fury didn't piss on the table or dress as Thor is probably a surprising thing. Idk if Fury wins, but I certainly think this is going to be a more interesting fight than many who are without much thought saying Klitschko KO6 are expecting it to be.

Comment

Working...
                  X