Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

out of curiosity, how much does ellerbe get?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
    edit, sorry I mean al haymon

it is clear the guy bends the ali law which protected boxers from being a manager and promoter taking huge fees but he actually does it to benefit the boxers, he takes no promoter fees it seems

we keep hearing odd numbers like 22 or 18 percent of fighters purses but is there any like known good sources about that said it? he seems so secretive

how does it work for non ppv boxers for example? like matthyse I think, he has signed with him but golden boy runs the show, what the cuts etc?

yes I am bored today=/

promotors don't take a "fee"

they deduct the price of putting on a fight (purses, site fee, the cost of the press tour, etc) from the amount they generate with it (tv/ppv money, live gate, sponsorships, etc.) then they pay taxes.

people/the public are generally kept in the dark about the particulars of any legal contract. if you don't need to know, you don't. there's almost certainly something written into the contract that stipulates that the terms aren't to be discussed. haymon is particularly secretive about what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      promotors don't take a "fee"

they deduct the price of putting on a fight (purses, site fee, the cost of the press tour, etc) from the amount they generate with it (tv/ppv money, live gate, sponsorships, etc.) then they pay taxes.

people/the public are generally kept in the dark about the particulars of any legal contract. if you don't need to know, you don't. there's almost certainly something written into the contract that stipulates that the terms aren't to be discussed. haymon is particularly secretive about what he does.
      I saw Al a few times in Vegas during Floyd-Ghost and you could tell that no one knew who he was. Was just walking freely everywhere. He was the only person all week who we would ask for a pic and he would say NO. He was nice about it. Just waved, shook his head, and kept walking. A lil goofy acting honestly but he obviously knows his stuff and likes to stay low key.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
        If he made $40 million for Guerrero, he probably took home $25 million. I read somewhere that Mayweather Promotions is responsible for the purse of the opposing fighter.
        Would explain the **** purses Guerrero, Ortiz and rosado got from mayweather fighters

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          I saw Al a few times in Vegas during Floyd-Ghost and you could tell that no one knew who he was. Was just walking freely everywhere. He was the only person all week who we would ask for a pic and he would say NO. He was nice about it. Just waved, shook his head, and kept walking. A lil goofy acting honestly but he obviously knows his stuff and likes to stay low key.
          That's interesting, I've always wondered what he would do if he were asked for a pic. Does he only dhow up for the Floyd fights or does he come to all his fighters fights

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
            That's interesting, I've always wondered what he would do if he were asked for a pic. Does he only dhow up for the Floyd fights or does he come to all his fighters fights
            IDK. Im pretty sure he goes to alot but is just always in the background. I saw him twice and both times he was walking through a lobby by himself. He walks extremely fast. I cant tell if thats just how he walks or he does it so no one will try to stop him.

He came by us and I told my girl (she knows boxing very well) "look, there's Al Haymon". She shouted out "Al Haymon". He just smiled, did a quick half wave, half head nod and kept going.

The next time he was walking fast again and I asked him for a pic and he just smiled kinda goofy and quickly shook his head NO and kept walking. Almost like a boy around good looking girls who gets nervous when the girl tries to talk to him.

He was never mean at all and smiled both times but you can tell that he just rather be in the background. I wont call him goofy though because Ive seen him talk a lil on TV and he seemed very serious there.

Saw him one more time after that but didn't bother him
            Last edited by DLT; 06-16-2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I have a pic of him attending a fight sitting next to Berto and floyd, will post it when I find it.

Real down low guy, I guess part of his success is staying out of the media eye.

Comment

Working...
              X