Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Cotto Held Up By Weight, Mayweather is Not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny refuses to fight Cotto, a guy he beat, at 150 but he had no problem meeting Margarito at 150. That just tells me they feel he has a serious chance of losing over three pounds and want Cotto to drain himself again. What a bunch of crap. And this is a former 154 lbs. champion? What a joke that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Its interesting at 154 , but I think Floyd gives him a boxing clinic anywhere from 147 up .
      It's not interesting at any weight. Cotto has no chance. None.

What can he possibly do to Floyd to win? He can't back up Floyd and win, and he certainly can't run from Floyd and win.

All Cotto does now is throw a few combos and then back up with that two-foot shuffle. After three rounds, all he will do is backup just as he did when he fought Pac. His face will be a bloody mess and his wife and kids will run out of the arena because they can't stand to see him beaten up anymore.

Really, what will be Cotto's game plan? To come right at Floyd or to run from him? Either way, it's a losing proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
        Manny refuses to fight Cotto, a guy he beat, at 150 but he had no problem meeting Margarito at 150. That just tells me they feel he has a serious chance of losing over three pounds and want Cotto to drain himself again. What a bunch of crap. And this is a former 154 lbs. champion? What a joke that is.
        Hey dumbass... there's a reason why he doesn't fight above 150 anymore after Margarito. He won, but Margarito busted him up pretty bad while busting his eardrums. I think any reasonable person wouldn't want to do something that fuked them up that bad if they have the option.
        Now, if Pacquiao wants to fight Cotto, he should go to 154. If not and Cotto doesn't want to go to a catchweight (which I don't think he should) then a fight shouldn't be made.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          Pretty clear Cotto is thinking the same as us.

He knows he's got a better chance of beating Pacquiao, so that's the fight he wants. But he's not gonna get fcuked around in negotiations this time and he does have another huge fight option.

Thing is, if Cotto can just do a little better than we all expect against Floyd, he'll still be really viable. I know it's a stretch, but if he could put in a DLH type effort against Floyd(How I think the fight would have gone in 2007) he won't lose much stock at all.
          What exactly is bold referring to? Cause De la Hoya didn't take a very physical beating but that fight wasn't close at all. Please explain the bold.

Comment

Weight? oooops, Wait a minute, I got a question-

What if Cotto demands 50-50 too, do you think Mayweather JR. will agree?

Comment

lol Cotto is turning on Arum lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
                Weight? oooops, Wait a minute, I got a question-

What if Cotto demands 50-50 too, do you think Mayweather JR. will agree?
                Cotto won't asked for 50-50 because he knows it will be Floyd's exclusive promotion. Cotto should asked for $20 million guaranteed and see who steps up, Manny or Floyd.

Comment

Thread title should be 'Who will whoop Cotto's ass in mid 2012?'

Comment

I hope Cotto picks Floyd, that match up should have happened long time ago besides Floyd can go up to 150 to 154 which will benefit Miguel by not draining himself. Having said that, Arum will do everything to secure a fight between Pac/Cotto just to give Floyd a hard time but if that fight ever happens, I will lose my respect for Pac as one of the best. I will drop him to #5 p4p boxer even with out the fight taking place. Can't be the best if you pick a guy that you already beat just to make money, to me that's BS!

Comment

Pac & Co. are nothing but a bunch of cherry pickers. They won't let their guy fight someone he has already defeated at his optimal weight. I have to ask you guys this question...if Manny won't fight Cotto @154...what makes you guys think he'll fight Floyd? They won't even fight Cotto at his optimal weight. Floyd would be at his optimal weight with a tool bag full of skills and enough speed to time and clock Pacquiao when he does what Jim Lampley describes as 'amazing piece of footwork'. Floyd will kill Pac and they know it. That's why they like the idea of fighting Cotto. I hope Cotto refuses the fight. It would be interesting to see where Manny goes from there.

Comment

Working...
                      X