Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you expect from Felix Verdejo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I expect from him is to be on the receiving end on a couple of highlight reels.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      I'm excited about him. I think he is the next big Puerto Rican star. Can box, bang mix it up

Thoughts? Sky is the limit for him IMO.
      Not much honestly. People are putting him up on that pedestal already and if he isn't careful, he'll buy into his own hype (see JuanMa) and self-implode.

When people call a man a king, he believes he's a king. When the people want the king to go to war, the king looks to his knight to win the war for him. Only in boxing, you have to be both the king and knight and it's often hard for the king to put a sword in his hand when he is used to holding a bag of gold.

Comment

I expect him to fight somebody good in 2016.

Comment

We'll have to wait and see.
          Not sure how he does in the higher weights. Not because he's not good, but there are several fights in which I have a hard time picturing Verdejo winning.
          Verdejo will obviously have big fights. Probably against a Crawford or a Jose Ramirez at 140. Those are two difficult fights.
          Then at 147 I expect Top Rank to start promoting Kavaliauskas since he has an exciting style. Kavaliauskas is a hard puncher with a good amateur pedigree and that would be an difficult fight if Verdejo ever gets that high up in weight. Just like with Verdejo there are still a lot of questions with Kavaliauskas though.
          Then there are some good amateur boxers that fight at Light Welterweight and Welterweight that could be problems if they were to turn pro.

For now we just have to wait and see how Verdejo looks as he steps up. He could be the real deal or he may be Overhyped. Who knows right now?

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            I like what I've seen from him. Skillwise I'm sold, just need to see his heart and will tested.
            This is how I feel. The kid has the potential to be great, but we'll see.

Comment

skills wise hes alright but he doesnt have what it takes IMO to pull out tough victories.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
                I expect him to fight somebody good in 2016.
                He's yet to face a solid journeyman/gate-keeper and people are already proclaiming him as the next big thing. That's all I want from him.

Comment

I'm excited about him. I think he is the next big Puerto Rican star. Can box, bang mix it up

Thoughts? Sky is the limit for him IMO.
                  Honesty I gotta see how his chin holds up.

Trinidad used to get knocked down but he usually got right back up

Comment

It looked like it. Manny ducked him iirc

I have high hopes for Felix, I think he is the next star from the Island
                    Was Manny even at Welterweight at the time Berto was looking like the next best thing? I don't recall that, but that's pretty funny if it's true!

And Verdejo could be bro. I'm thinking him vs Crawford is going to be the next big showdown
                    Last edited by FrankieClutch; 02-15-2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Wow, Beercules actually has high hopes for a black fighter? Is this real life?

Comment

Working...
                      X