Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loeffler never offered Ward 164, but..........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    This was back in 2013. They both were fighting on that Monte Carlo card. He was a bigger draw than Rodriguez but I don't think he had broken thru yet. Had he?
    He was still on the come up and thats why they didn't really want to fight a tough fight and risk losing.

GGG has the HBO deal so he can always get a payday. HBO gets good ratings when he beats up bums. As such, I don't see any reason to change the model other than GGG wanting to be a truly great fighter that tests his skills against the best comp.

He wants to earn the most for the least amount of work.Virtually every adult wants the same so I can't really fault him for it.

Comment

No. As I said and Rodriguez said. This was the time of the 154-168 comment and the list of fighters they gave to HBO as possible opponent's. Rodriguez was on that list. In public they were saying 154-168 but in private it was 164 with a 10lb rehydration limit
      Has nothing to do with what I said. By your idiotic definition he's ducking 50th ranked 154 fighter. In order to move up or down it has to be worth it.

You don't like the offer? Then either make it worth it or shut your trap and go away. It's real simple.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        Has nothing to do with what I said. By your idiotic definition he's ducking 50th ranked 154 fighter. In order to move up or down it has to be worth it.

You don't like the offer? Then either make it worth it or shut your trap and go away. It's real simple.
        This isn't about Lara or Jacobs or Canelo. I've already made threads calling out their BS. This is about GGG and his BS.

Comment

And this was also when Sanchez said GGG was beating up cruiser weights in sparring. Rodriguez was probably the 5-8? best super middleweight at the time. I don't know why they would need a catchweight and rehydration clause for him

Comment

160 or no fight canelo

154 fight floyd

168 as long as ward is not there otherwise 164 doe...

Comment

This isn't about Lara or Jacobs or Canelo. I've already made threads calling out their BS. This is about GGG and his BS.
              What the hell are you talking about? I didn't mention any of those and wasn't even thinking about them.

You and a bunch of trolls for some reason think that "154-168" means they must fight everyone at those weights on demand, 4 years after that statement was made. It's one of the dumbest arguments on this site.

What it meant from Golovkin and what it means from EVERY OTHER BOXER IN THE WORLD is that they're willing to fight at those weights if it makes sense.

Khan did not move up to fight Lara or Julian Williams. Pac did not magically move up from Lightweight because some no-name from 147 called him out. Good god, it's so simple.

Comment

Get a working link. I call bullsht on this.

2013 my ass, when Golovkin and co brought up the 164 they mentioned it was because Golovkin is(was) now bigger than Ward and it didn't make sense for golovkin to go up to 168 and also have it 50/50 when he's the bigger fish, thus halfway on everything from lb's to money.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  What the hell are you talking about? I didn't mention any of those and wasn't even thinking about them.

You and a bunch of trolls for some reason think that "154-168" means they must fight everyone at those weights on demand, 4 years after that statement was made. It's one of the dumbest arguments on this site.

What it meant from Golovkin and what it means from EVERY OTHER BOXER IN THE WORLD is that they're willing to fight at those weights if it makes sense.

Khan did not move up to fight Lara or Julian Williams. Pac did not magically move up from Lightweight because some no-name from 147 called him out. Good god, it's so simple.
                  This fight made sense. This was the Monte Carlo card they both were fighting on. This was before GGG was selling out stadium in the US. This is when K2 gave HBO a list of opponent's GGG was willing to fight. Rodriguez name was on the list. He agreed to fight him & they sent a contract for 164 & a 10lb rehydration limit. This is when they said 154-168 & two years before they said 164 for Ward. This fight made perfect sense at the time. In the article Rodriguez is calling them out for their public statements and private negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    Get a working link. I call bullsht on this.

2013 my ass, when Golovkin and co brought up the 164 they mentioned it was because Golovkin is(was) now bigger than Ward and it didn't make sense for golovkin to go up to 168 and also have it 50/50 when he's the bigger fish, thus halfway on everything from lb's to money.
                    This isn't about GGG offering Ward 164. This is GGG offering Edwin Rodriguez 164 & a 10lb rehydration limit back in 2013. The link works. Copy it and paste it into your address bar

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X