Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else became an Andy Lee fan this past weekend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really. He needed to sell out more to win but was too concerned with getting hit. Same goes for Quillin.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      Not really. He needed to sell out more to win but was too concerned with getting hit. Same goes for Quillin.
      Honestly I dont think it was they were afraid to get hit, I think both were just looking for the same punches all night, Lee = Right hook straight left. Quillen = Straight right, left hook. Lee seemed a little more limited in his punch arsenal but landed better IMO. This shouldn't be surprising considering Lee was trained by Emmanuelle Steward, Steward was a big 2 punch combo guy, hit and get out...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Honestly I dont think it was they were afraid to get hit, I think both were just looking for the same punches all night, Lee = Right hook straight left. Quillen = Straight right, left hook. Lee seemed a little more limited in his punch arsenal but landed better IMO. This shouldn't be surprising considering Lee was trained by Emmanuelle Steward, Steward was a big 2 punch combo guy, hit and get out...
        Concerned and afraid aren't necessarily the same thing. I see your point but in situations like that you might have to take more risks. Quillin especially; he was the bigger man and harder puncher. He could've put Lee away had he stepped on the gas.

Comment

Lee is the ****ing man, he's not so good but he does pack a punch in thay right hook.

Messed up Quacklins plan

Comment

I REALLY like Andy Lee.

I know this might sound weird but I am a big Quillin fan and supporter because I really like his view on life, his exciting fan friendly style, what he stands for and all that ****.

I really like him as a person those who hate him for "ducking" people are stupid because he OPENLY tells everyone he's in it for the money and to inspire people and he actually means that 100% whole-heartedly I can see it. Sometimes he carries himself controversially and says dumb **** but you can see right through all that and he's a bad liar you can see through it when he does, to me that's someone who is real and doesn't like to lie isn't good at it either.

He's in it for the money and long term, but he's trully night afraid of anybody you can see it in the way he fights and acts that man fears nobody I don't care what anyone says if it was up to him he'd fight everybody but he has al haymon whispering in his ear influencing him. If it ain't about the money what the **** is it about? money makes the ****ing world go round. He pleases his fans and takes competitive match-ups. He's not an amazingly skilled fighter like a floyd mayweather so if floyd takes on a top fighter but not necessarily the best you don't approve because he's just too good for everyone. Quillin takes on guys that actually have a shot at beating him you have to admit that atleast. He never claims to be the greatest.

Now back to Andy Lee, despite me liking quillin I really also appreciate the same traits in andy lee too. He's real. He admitted that he probably should have lost and he jokingly told quillin they should fight in Ireland because he has an irish last name and could probably find his own ancestors there. That was hilarious I really like this guy. He knows it's not as big in ireland as it is in the states that's why he added a joke to it like i said, HES REAL. I'm rooting for quillin but after the rematch if quillin wins, I'll follow andy lee's career from there on out because I like him alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Concerned and afraid aren't necessarily the same thing. I see your point but in situations like that you might have to take more risks. Quillin especially; he was the bigger man and harder puncher. He could've put Lee away had he stepped on the gas.
              I think they both had respect for each others power - but that's not the same thing as being 'afraid of getting hit'.

Lee actually asked his trainer if he should 'go for a KO' in the final round.

That show's real balls IMO.

Good thing he didn't mind you, he may have got KTFO!

Comment

he won some respect in my book for sure. if quillin would have went for it he most likely would have knocked lee out imo, but he wasnt willing to try knowing he might get knocked out himself. lee was more likely to get stopped and had been in more trouble during the course of the fight, but he went for it regardless.

i think the fight could have went in either direction, but lee definitely deserved to win more considering the way he fought. he showed more fighting spirit when things went against him than quillin did when things were going in his favor.
                Last edited by #1Assassin; 04-13-2015, 01:12 PM.

Comment

If he ever fights GGG, he will officially be a Good Boy. Should take about 3 rounds or so.

Comment

Working...
                  X