Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monte Barrett vs Shane Cameron tomorrow, opinions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monte Barrett vs Shane Cameron tomorrow, opinions?

Personally... Monte should cruise to a UD Imo. I'm not too worried about judging in Kiwi-land.
    Don't really care for Shane sparring with Haye.... I don't think it'll give him anything significant to beat Monte.
    Thoughts NSB?

Shane Cameron isn't very good.

Monte Barrett is age 41 now. Unlike Cameron, he was a decent fringe contender in for several years, but now he's well past his prime.

To be honest, it's not an interesting fight.

What interests me more is the HW clash between Abdusalamov and Byarm (televised by ESPN2 as far as I know).
    Last edited by The Hammer; 07-04-2012, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Shane Cameron is getting old now, and he was never very good even at his peak.

Monte Barrett was a decent fringe contender for the better part of a decade, just outside the top 10, but he's faded now.

To be honest, it's not an interesting fight.

What iinterests me more is the HW clash between Abdusalamov and Byarm (televised by ESPN2 as far as I know).
      I know it isn't that important or interesting.... I think it's a big fight in kiwi land though. Imo I bet when and if Monte wins, he'll fall out tua for a trilogy
      .... Of which will be bog there, but maybe not so much to the world. Maybe if tua got in shape and got all his personal problems resolved

Comment

Also to anybody who cares or is curious. The fight will be around 5-6 in the morning EST time tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          I know it isn't that important or interesting.... I think it's a big fight in kiwi land though. Imo I bet when and if Monte wins, he'll fall out tua for a trilogy
          .... Of which will be bog there, but maybe not so much to the world. Maybe if tua got in shape and got all his personal problems resolved
          Isn't Monte fighting Shane because Tua called off the plans for a rematch to retire? Monte was able to smartly outbox Tua, he's old as hell but I don't think Shane will be a problem.

If Monte wins, maybe a fight with Seth Mitchell is on the horizon? I know Monte planned to retire, but he'll stay in the game as long as he's offered a decent check.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Isn't Monte fighting Shane because Tua called off the plans for a rematch to retire? Monte was able to smartly outbox Tua, he's old as hell but I don't think Shane will be a problem.

If Monte wins, maybe a fight with Seth Mitchell is on the horizon? I know Monte planned to retire, but he'll stay in the game as long as he's offered a decent check.
            Nah, he might've tried to pursue a third fight after... but I know he's calling for it after he fights Shane.
            If he's offered that kind of fight though, I think he'll take it. He can make decent money fighting in Kiwi-land, but fighting in the states would give him that much more.
            Basically, I think if Seth calls him up, he'll answer.

Comment

Cameron sucks

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
                Cameron sucks
                I got into an argument with somebody on a different site citing ages between the two.
                I was like.... even with the age difference, I think Barret is still better. Plus the judges at home haven't been too bad to Monte.

Comment

can anyone inbox me a link? green for anyone who does so

Comment

ridge vs Arkle was fun, couple of hot chicks who cant fight having a go lol

Comment

Working...
                    X