Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could we see Cotto back in December against Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could we see Cotto back in December against Canelo?

There were talks about making the fight in the past and this will be the bigger money fight for Cotto since he'll get the bigger cut, the lineal champ and if at MSG he'll shut it down again.

People saying Mayweather, but don't see it happening.

Golovkin's name has been thrown around, but no way that it happens, especially with Canelo being the bigger money fight.

Bob and Oscar getting friendly, Canelo isn't Haymon and neither guy is held down longterm to either network (to my knowledge).

if this does go down, would love to see GGG on the undercard even though he'll do nothing to help it anyway since Cotto sells out on his own and he'll probably use it to grow his prospects/countrymen

The only problem here Rubio and his mandatory position. He was promised a fight like a year ago

Rubio will gladly take more step aside money, most likely gets billed as the co-feature. But Cotto vs. Canelo makes the most sense, I do think Canelo beats Lara and possibly KO's him. Cotto vs. Canelo breaks 1 million buys in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by kombayn View Post
      Rubio will gladly take more step aside money, most likely gets billed as the co-feature. But Cotto vs. Canelo makes the most sense, I do think Canelo beats Lara and possibly KO's him. Cotto vs. Canelo breaks 1 million buys in my eyes.
      If it does that as the last fight of the year with all these other PPV's... that'd be impressive.

This is a fight though that would do that and this could be the fight that Canelo needs to be that PPV fighter Pac and Manny are.

This fight is a helluva lot more interesting than it was last year.

Nelo needs to win first... but he'd probably still get it if he loses

Comment

Canelo has to beat Lara and at the moment I don't see how he can do it at least he gets a controversial decision or he has improved a lot since the Mayweather fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Coachmanager View Post
          Canelo has to beat Lara and at the moment I don't see how he can do it at least he gets a controversial decision or he has improved a lot since the Mayweather fight.
          A win would help, but we all know a win wouldn't matter... it's a name thing.

Arum said Dec 6 or 13.... too close to Pac's PPV date

Comment

Agree Canelo/Cotto makes the most sense if Canelo wins.

Comment

Canelo with both legs and both arms destroys Cotto.

Comment

Would be cool if it happens, but the Canelo fight is probably the bigger money fight

Comment

water is wet, grass is green, fire is hot,

Comment

Always feel like Cotto's been ducking Canelo though. He's had the opportunity to fight him before. Think they even offered the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X