No announcement yet.

Canelo: Fighting Austin Trout May 4; The Big Fight for September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I got to **** around and make 2 trips to Vegas this year. lol

Nah but seriously, all I care about is the May 4th event right now. I'll see how that goes before I begin to look ahead to who is fighting who in September.

Comment

should be the winner gets floyd,not just canelo.Hope floyd dont duck
      trout if he wins

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        His official Facebook page.

My translation: We're going versus Austin Trout on the 4th of May, If everything comes out how we think, the big fight for September is signed.
        Would Alvarez still get a Sept Mayweather fight if he gets a gift against Trout

Comment

I like it... add on to the fact that if he beats Trout than he is indeed proven and the fight with Mayweather makes the most sense in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            should be the winner gets floyd,not just canelo.Hope floyd dont duck
            trout if he wins
            Trout has the better tools to challenge Mayweather imo

Comment

I don't know why i'm not too excited about Mayweather fighting Trout, I guess it's because of his performances against Rodriguez and Cotto, just not sold on the guy. I'm more sold on Canelo despite his weak opposition. The thing is Trout against his weak opposition wasn't exactly a world beater, he was decisioning guys with 10, 15, 20 losses. At least Canelo was knocking out and brutalizing the overmatched guys he's been fighting. I doubt Trout knocks out the "Super Featherweight" Josesito Lopez like Canelo did, given his history he'd UD him in a dull fight where he doesn't even look that good in.

Comment

May vs Devon in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I don't know why i'm not too excited about Mayweather fighting Trout, I guess it's because of his performances against Rodriguez and Cotto, just not sold on the guy. I'm more sold on Canelo despite his weak opposition. The thing is Trout against his weak opposition wasn't exactly a world beater, he was decisioning guys with 10, 15, 20 losses. At least Canelo was knocking out and brutalizing the overmatched guys he's been fighting. I doubt Trout knocks out the "Super Featherweight" Josesito Lopez like Canelo did, given his history he'd UD him in a dull fight where he doesn't even look that good in.
                  HOw would your mind change about May-Trout if Trout kicks Alv's @ss?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    HOw would your mind change about May-Trout if Trout kicks Alv's @ss?
                    If he "kicks his ass" like he did Cotto, which was not an ass kicking by any stretch, I had it 7-5 for Trout, no I would not be sold on Trout. Isn't Canelo the underdog here? He's the inexperienced one at the top level while Trout has two wins over top 10 fighters.

A guy who struggles to take out showcase opponents, I don't know how far he'd go. It would be a travesty for the sport if Trout beats Canelo. Canelo is the more exciting, promising, popular, likeable fighter of the two. Even if Mayweather turns in a great performance against Guerrero, if Trout beats Canelo that would be a depressing night for me and for the sport.

Comment

well see how he looks like vs Trout

i would have preferred a fight against Cotto since Canelo would have easily TKO'd him or made him Quit

Comment

Working...
                      X