Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Hip Hop / Gangster rap partially destroyed black communities?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No but it did affect a generation of kids black and non black who didnt grow up in those harsh conditions to think being a thug is cool. There are so many young clowns who live their life based off of this fake ganster lifestyle that most of these corny rappers portray.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
      It certainly isn't helping the community, but music today is evil in general.
      You telling me you don't be bumping this in your car?

That's the good **** right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
        My simple point went right pass your head didn't it.

Well let me over explain this again, druuuugs haaaaaveeeee aaa baaaaad eeeeeeeffffeeeeeecccccttttt ooooooonnnn coooooommmmmuniiiiitttttiieeees duuuuuuuh.

Drug Cartels= bad for Mexico

Crack epidemic = bad for black people

Do you get it you dumb ****?

You trivialized the effect of the crack epidemic so i trivialized the effect cartels has on Mexico.

Do......you.......get......it.....
        Were not talking about Mexico or drugs

for the most part Mexicans don't have a drug problem.... Americans have a drug problem which Drug lords take advantage of and it ends up hurting innoncent people.

Its not the same thing.

You've always had a tendancy to race bait....
        You've attacked several different people in this thread .....like Flicker

Racist

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Were not talking about Mexico or drugs

for the most part Mexicans don't have a drug problem.... Americans have a drug problem which Drug lords take advantage of and it ends up hurting innoncent people.

Its not the same thing.

You've always had a tendancy to race bait....
          You've attacked several different people in this thread .....like Flicker

Racist
          sooo..........
          I'm racist when I compare drug violence in Mexico with the crack epidemic?

Why do I have to over explain everything for you?

You were the **** who trivialized the crack epidemic's effect on the black community.(how many times do I have to repeat myself?)
          So, to explain it to you I made comparisons with effects of drug cartels on poor communities of Mexico to the crack epidemic that ravaged huge parts of the black community.

But I guess even that flew over your head.

Maybe you should read before you answer friend.

and BTW, how is me comparing Lolita complex to gangster rap racist?
          That is something that sprung up in recent decades in Japan it has nothing to do with their ethnicity.
          Flick happens to be a Weaboo and seems to think gangster rapp destroyed the black community.........

So this guy..... WHo is a huge fan of Japan is going to be a moral police when it coems to gangster rap, what about Lolita complex then?
          Is children being sexually objectified in manga destroying Japan?

You might see everything in race, I don't.
          I don't believe in that stupid ****.
          Race has been disproven time and time again

Funny how you call me the racist when you time and time again post videos portraying black people in a bad light.
          And only black people.
          I have seen your wall conversations with Dj Emz different alts.
          Even dj emz post **** other ethnicity do, you don't.
          Just black people.

Look me up, I have defended Mexicans and any kind of people that is getting bashed.
          You have done the opposite bro

Comment

no, you're racist because you always try to counter attack the person with with their race or nationality.

I posted a video of a couple of dumb guys hitting a bum and you went ape shit talking about Cartels.
            which had nothing to do with anything...

It's not the same thing anyway.
            The Cartels have been around for a long time, and up until recently they weren't really a problem that the everyday man had to face or even acknowledge.
            It's only become a problem now that the authorities started to crack down...

Cartels are fueled by America's addiction. Which drug lords take advantage of.
            The crack epidemic was drug dealers selling crack to their own people....
            The situation in Mexico to some extent can be compared to the 1920-30's Prohibition era.
            Minus the fact that most Mexican's aren't the ones actually consuming the drugs. They're victims....
            Blacks chose to do crack....

it was a shitty comparison..

anyway, I've never said anything racist or with a racist undertone.
            let alone talk to alts about it.
            a quick glance through my threads, I see

1Thread about liking a new black artist
            1Thread where I celebrate the beauty of the worlds people.

no racist threads though....
            you're either reaching or you're choosing to be ignorant.... to hide your racist views.

edit: Not going to reply anymore...not going to get sucked in to your racist race baiting
            Last edited by LeG00N; 03-14-2012, 05:05 AM.

Comment

The reason hiphop has destroyed the black community is because it makes things like selling drugs and robbing people for money seems cool. Hell they even talk about making women prostitute and strip for money. What they need to do to fix the rap community is make rappers talk about uplifting things. Instead of talking about "Chuck choppin rocks" or something along those lines, maybe rap about "Charles works at the Post Office." Instead of things talking about girls sucking you off in a bathroom, rap about things like "Deanna got promoted to break manager at Dennys."

It also encourages people to dress in a certain way. Instead of rapping about expensive sneakers and designer "thug" clothes maybe make something about, "Daequan got him some Rockports for the interview" or "Jeremetrius be getting a two for one deal on Croft and Barrow dress shirts."

I think these simple changes can change the black community from the ground up.
              Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 03-14-2012, 05:30 AM.

Comment

No. You have it backwards.

Gangster Rap is a product of the ghetto, not the cause.

Comment

Canibus said it best. Starting at 5:58

"Ever since Hip-Hop turned into a lucrative profession -- There's a misconception that movement in any direction is progression"

Then goes on to say that essentially Hip Hop lacks any real substance.
                  Last edited by deliveryman; 03-14-2012, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                    No but it did affect a generation of kids black and non black who didnt grow up in those harsh conditions to think being a thug is cool. There are so many young clowns who live their life based off of this fake ganster lifestyle that most of these corny rappers portray.
                    this ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      The reason hiphop has destroyed the black community is because it makes things like selling drugs and robbing people for money seems cool. Hell they even talk about making women prostitute and strip for money. What they need to do to fix the rap community is make rappers talk about uplifting things. Instead of talking about "Chuck choppin rocks" or something along those lines, maybe rap about "Charles works at the Post Office." Instead of things talking about girls sucking you off in a bathroom, rap about things like "Deanna got promoted to break manager at Dennys."

It also encourages people to dress in a certain way. Instead of rapping about expensive sneakers and designer "thug" clothes maybe make something about, "Daequan got him some Rockports for the interview" or "Jeremetrius be getting a two for one deal on Croft and Barrow dress shirts."

I think these simple changes can change the black community from the ground up.

Comment

Working...
                      X