Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Montiel be the best fighter Hasegawa has faced so far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
    It seems that Hasegawa gets better with every fight.

Montiel seems to have leveled off.

I could be wrong.
    Montiel hasn't faced anyone imposing since Martin Castillo. He'll be smaller in this fight but his power is real and can legitimately turn a fight around. We shall see. I think Montiel will have to drop or stop Hasegawa to win.

Comment

I hate doing triangle theory but I've found myself resorting to it for this fight. Their most common recent opponent is Alejandro Valdez.

Hasegawa finished him off in 2 in Oct 08

Montiel was got a technical draw after that mystery cut appeared on his left eye after he was dropped by a Valdez uppercut in the 3rd. In Sept 09

The Montiel-Valdez fight was a peculiar one so its hard to judge Montiels current state (he hasn't gone over 3 rounds in a fight in the last 2 and a half years). Idk, do you guys think Hasegawa can finish him off quick, or will he be reserved and patient like his old self before his recent string of quick KOs?

Comment

Originally posted by Rushcutters Bay View Post
        I hate doing triangle theory but I've found myself resorting to it for this fight. Their most common recent opponent is Alejandro Valdez.

Hasegawa finished him off in 2 in Oct 08

Montiel was got a technical draw after that mystery cut appeared on his left eye after he was dropped by a Valdez uppercut in the 3rd. In Sept 09

The Montiel-Valdez fight was a peculiar one so its hard to judge Montiels current state (he hasn't gone over 3 rounds in a fight in the last 2 and a half years). Idk, do you guys think Hasegawa can finish him off quick, or will he be reserved and patient like his old self before his recent string of quick KOs?
        True, but Valdez was able to get through a bit on Hasegawa. Hasegawa from what I've seen has been a bit more open against taller opponents. Though like you said, Hasegawa got the job done, Montiel didn't.

I think he may want to start a bit patient and feel out Montiel, especially his power. Hasegawa has faced decent competition, but he hasn't faced a top fighter since the first Sahaprom fight (wasn't at his best, but still a top fighter) and he's never faced anyone with the kind of power Montiel could bring in a long time, if at all.

Comment

Working...
        X