Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many PPV Buys will Mayweather-Guerrero, Mares- De leon May 4th card do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-1.3 mil. Probably 1.1

It could do a number nobody expects with him switching from HBO and depending on how well it's promoted.
    Last edited by Jam Jars; 03-01-2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

It's on Showtime so probably 800k to 1 million buys. If it was on HBO with 24/7 and the two camps talking mess, probably 1.3-1.5 million buys.

Pacman getting knocked out the way he dude could have also made casuals lose interest in ordering a Floyd fight, we shall see how it goes.

Only way I see this fight doing over 1 million is if they really hype up Floyd on CBS putting him on Letterman, and other shows on CBS, and showing commercials and the fight camp episodes all on CBS primetime not some obscure early time in the morning like they did for Pacquiao Fight camp versus mosley, they aired that like 6 am in the morning on sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        1-1.3 mil. Probably 1.1

It could do a number nobody expects with him switching from HBO and depending on how well it's promoted.
        Good point about the showtime switch.

Comment

800-900k

You gotta remember Floyd's last PPV which was heavily advertised featured the #1 and #3 TOP PPV DRAWS in boxing being Floyd and Cotto. Then you had Canelo and Mosley who also have namesake.

This fight is against Robert Guerrero, not only a cherry pick/mismatch, but he's not known. Mares-Ponce, while being a great fight, won't help the PPV>

Comment

Ahunnedbillion

Comment

1 Million (+)

Comment

I think between 1.2 - 1.4 million, but I won't be surprised if there's more.
                Mares - ponce will bring in the Mexican audience and I think the whole Guerrero wife cancer deal that 24 7/FC360 will bring in the casuals..

Comment

His first fight since getting out of jail, first fight on Showtime, first fight of his Mega Deal...

I know Canelo fans will be hoping it does 700K or something but it will do 1 Million and up for sure mostly because it is his first fight back since getting out of jail and people will be curious to see how he looks and how he performs

Don't listen to the "BOXING FORUM FANS" B1tching about how they are not going to buy this or that PPV's, these are not the fans that actually "BUY PPV's" or Tickets anyway I mean lets be honest

Comment

i thought posters would be more optimistic on this event

Comment

I kinda get the feeling this might be one of his lower ones 900-1 mil. On the flip side a Mayweather fight on that weekend is starting to become the norm people might just buy it for nostalgia reasons. Kinda like how you watch the Super Bowl regardless of who is playing

Comment

Working...
                      X