No announcement yet.

DLC Contents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLC Contents

I dont know about you but it's maybe because im just a oldschool gamer or so, but I think charging people 10$ for a update on is fking stupid!!!
    Anyone disagree with me? I mean for MW2 you add 3 new maps and now charge all the people to pay 10 dollars? Than again in 1 month you add 3 more and agaom charge em 10 dollars?

These video games are really trying to take your damn wallet lol. Personally I dont buy any DLC packs unless I find it really worth the 10 bucks.

I completely agree with you unless that DLC adds significant content, IE hours of gameplay. You could argue that MW2 map packs add hour of gameplay but in this case it's still a ripoff.

15$ for 3 new maps and 2 old ones is just robbing people.

In some games i don't mind it, like forza 3. 5$ for 10+ new cars is worth it to me.

But in some other games it's a complete cash in. A good example would be Dantes Inferno, where you use souls to upgrade your character, which you get through playing the game. But you can also pay 10$ to get a bunch of souls. Same with Skate 3, you can unlock all the stages through playing the game, but you can also buy something named like "The ultimate slacker pack" to unlock everything in the game.

People who come up with these ideas should be tortured.

Comment

Originally posted by pinoyzoi View Post
      I dont know about you but it's maybe because im just a oldschool gamer or so, but i think charging people 10$ for a update on is fking stupid!!!
      Anyone disagree with me? I mean for mw2 you add 3 new maps and now charge all the people to pay 10 dollars? Than again in 1 month you add 3 more and agaom charge em 10 dollars?

These video games are really trying to take your damn wallet lol. Personally i dont buy any dlc packs unless i find it really worth the 10 bucks.
      im pissed because mass effect 2 dlc tomorrow is gona cost 7 bucks but im gonna buy it

Comment

How many DLC are their for Forza 3 I forgot. I only got the Hot Holiday one atm.

Comment

Charging people 1200 microsoft points for some maps is the biggest rip off to date. Whoever bought that crap got too much money.

**** DLC's. They should make expansions if anything. Like Shivering Isles in Oblivion. Much much better.

Comment

You mean the dlc in fallout 3 isn't free? Seriously, I'm an old skool gamer too, and i really don't like the direction the gaming industry is going...charging for dlc, expansion packs...i mean if it's worth it, ok, but like the 1/2life2 episodes 1 and 2, were very short for $30, compared to just waiting and making another long 1/2life 3.

I usually just wait 'til stuff goes on sale on steam, then snag up stuff.

Comment

the only DLC i would have gotten is the episodes of liberty city, but end up just buying the disc that included both, heard it plays better.

I remember valve wanted to release free dlc for L4D, but they weren't allowed by microsoft or some **** along those likes

Comment

The MW2 map pack costs $21.95 here in Australia which is a complete rip-off.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
                  The MW2 map pack costs $21.95 here in Australia which is a complete rip-off.
                  Gaming in australia seems like a complete ripoff to me. It's not as bad in canada but we're still paying more for our games than americans.

Today 1 american dollar is worth 1.03 canadian dollar. Which is basically nothing.

However a newly released xbox360 game cost 59.99$ in the states. They cost 69.99$ in canada.

In the past the american dollar was worth significantly more than our canadian dollar, so it somewhat explained the difference in price for games. However at this point both currencies are pretty much equal, we're getting robbed.

It used to be much worst, i remember buying zelda: a link to the past on my snes when they money i got for my birthday when i was a kid, it cost 110$.

I know australia and europe have it much worst. Retailers are abusing the exchange rates to make more profit.
                  Last edited by Equilibrium; 06-15-2010, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                    Gaming in australia seems like a complete ripoff to me. It's not as bad in canada but we're still paying more for our games than americans.

Today 1 american dollar is worth 1.03 canadian dollar. Which is basically nothing.

However a newly released xbox360 game cost 59.99$ in the states. They cost 69.99$ in canada.

In the past the american dollar was worth significantly more than our canadian dollar, so it somewhat explained the difference in price for games. However at this point both currencies are pretty much equal, we're getting robbed.

It used to be much worst, i remember buying zelda: a link to the past on my snes when they money i got for my birthday when i was a kid, it cost 110$.

I know australia and europe have it much worst. Retailers are abusing the exchange rates to make more profit.
                    Nearly all new PS3 and 360 games cost over $100 when they first come out which is terrible. When you convert the Australian dollar to US dollar, we shouldn't be paying that much more for a game than the people living in the US.

Which is why I wait a month or two after the game has come out for the price to drop before getting the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X