No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price-Tony Thompson is Set for February 23rd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daļa View Post
    He follows the example of his idol David Haye, what's wrong?
    lol spoken like a novice

Comment

Originally posted by Daļa View Post
      He follows the example of his idol David Haye, what's wrong?
      He's going to beat Wlad in his 21st fight?

Comment

could be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
          Come on man, a British/commonwealth title is ahead of an intercontintal HW championship. It's not even an official title. Wlad won his first HW championship at 36 fights - Price has loads of time left so don't give us that. Let him do his thing and work his way up. A 15 fight prospect should never be rushed. Lets not forget - Wlad fought Derrick Lampkins in his 16th fight. David price is fighting a two time world challenger. So actually, he's ahead of Wlad
          You mean he would presently beat Wlad?

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            He's going to beat Wlad in his 21st fight?
            lol it was ironic, but who know, if he make his 21st fight in 4 years.

Comment

Thompson was once the best U.S. heavyweight but he's gotten older and slower. he is definitely on the fade and his title hopes have been dashed twice. A prime Thompson could have troubled Price but now I'm afraid, he's take very big shots en route to a KO loss. It's too bad because I always hoped Thompson could have gotten there.

Comment

Pretty good fight for Price. At least Tony can fight inside and maybe can get a reaction from Price in there and show him a few things. Inside is a weak point for Price at the moment IMO. Thompson has always been pretty slow but his style is good, it's unfortunate he didn't have more natural ability. I don't like his chances because his resistance and will seem to be dropping rapidly but Price's style is one that could possibly find him some openings

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Price won't be ready for Wlad in 5 fights time, even if the current trend of progression continues. After Thompson he should target another decent contend er then try and get involved with all these pre-lims that's happening. The loser of Arreola/Stiverne would be a good opponent, B.Ware already has history with Price.

price will never be ready for wlad. there's a huge gap in class.

i don't think price is a bad fighter, but he's not going to progress beyond klitschko. let's be real. he'll never come close to wladimir's level. if he beats him it will be because he waited out wlad's prime.

they can move price quickly, as far as i am concerned. i don't see a wealth of potential, so why move him like that kind of fighter?

Comment

Working...
                  X