Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez vs Floyd Mayweather or rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez vs Floyd Mayweather or rematch?

Which makes Sergio more money? Poll coming up.
    Floyd Mayweather
    90.18%
    Chavez Jr. 2
    9.82%

Neither

Chavez doesnt deserve anything

and Floyd vs Martinez is just a stupid idea...

Comment

Which makes Sergio more money in the long run.

Chavez Jr II, then Mayweather.

Why?

If Sergio fights Mayweather, Chavez Jr is gone to 168 by the time Sergio is ready to fight him again.

If he fights Chavez Jr again now, Mayweather will still be available in 2013.

Comment

Mayweather would make more than Chavez II. But like Kev said, if he fights Chavez first, than Mayweather it makes him the most money. Not too interested in a rematch right now myself though.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Neither

Chavez doesnt deserve anything

and Floyd vs Martinez is just a stupid idea...
          Not for them, it isn't. Two past prime great fighters looking to cash out and wanting a challenge at the same time. They look pretty good in each other's resumes and it would sell like hot cakes.

Comment

Vs Floyd.....

Comment

Cotto and Canelo can bring in cash for Martinez as well.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                Mayweather would make more than Chavez II. But like Kev said, if he fights Chavez first, than Mayweather it makes him the most money. Not too interested in a rematch right now myself though.
                Chavez Jr, very much like Canelo are not real fighters. They are products and use weight and age factors to get some good wins. No, they aren't complete bums as some say but they straight B level fighters using those advantages backed by popularity to get away with it. If either Canelo or Chavez Jr. was moved up (would we really call it that?) to fight a Ward or even a Froch type of fighter they wouldn't make it out of the 4th round and I'm not even kidding. It makes me sick these promoters are able to drag guys like Sergio and Josesito Lopez to fight these posers. But in the end the truth arises and I'm more than happy for Sergio to beat the odds of weight and age and come out the winner. Had the fight be fought with skill alone though, Chavez wouldn't survive 3 rounds with the same Martinez he fought.

Comment

Mayweather wont fight him.

He going to immediatly rematch chavez for the money, then after that he will go back to making meaning defense waiting for the next payday kinda like waht Marquez does.

Comment

Fight was so one sided no rematch. Yes 12 round was amazing but will he be able to do it again, I dont think so.

Mayweather, Canelo, Cotto bring them on.

Comment

Working...
                    X