No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" - When Your Best Just Isn't Good Enough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Credit to Timmy for being able to recognise and admit that Manny bested him. He didn't have any excuses as to why he failed, other than Manny out-smarting him. Takes a real man to say that and he gets mad respect from me. Much more mature and wise than he used to be.
    Yeah only took him three fights

Comment

Good article. Props to both fighters. Bradley against any of the other elite welters would be great to see.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
        You would have thought Manny, approaching 40, would slow his pace down and be more cautious, but has too much spirit to simply go through the motions like other fighters (e.g. Mayweather).
        You think knowing he beat him twice makes any difference ?

Going through the motions , what exactly is that , do you mean being a stylistic boxer throughout your entire career out-boxing all that was put in front of you including Manny , are you saying that winning how you always did is going through the motions if so I guess Manny did as well .

I dont get you guys sometimes saying things that dont make sense .

Comment

"..was i knocked down? I can't remember..." Bradley interview
          Pac is way past his prime; Beating a washed up Bradley doesn't do it for me. (As if knocking out Rios meant anything!)
          But i wish him all the best with his new carreer. Thanks Manny for great fights!
          Ps: definitely not ready for Crawford... even though he would beat the likes of Garcia, Broner, and the rest...

Comment

Bald Bradley is just not an elite type of fighter just good

Bradley is not a top fighter just a very good boxer who has limitations when faced with a superior opponent like Paq. nothing to be ashamed about as Brad gives a great effort each fight and earns respect from all. Bradley is a contender not a champion. Act accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              You think knowing he beat him twice makes any difference ?

Going through the motions , what exactly is that , do you mean being a stylistic boxer throughout your entire career out-boxing all that was put in front of you including Manny , are you saying that winning how you always did is going through the motions if so I guess Manny did as well .

I dont get you guys sometimes saying things that dont make sense .
              "Going threw the motions" <--- was referring to Mayweather's last fight. It was a lacklustre performance compared to Manny's last fight.

Comment

Bradley is a good boxer. Manny a great one. Atlas is a blowhard, Roach is a trainer. Any questions call everyone or anyone who's ever had to deal with the Bradley crew. He got what he deserved. A LOSS

Comment

Bradley is a very good boxer. I thought if he primarily boxed and not get careless he would make the fight interesting. He got careless quite a few times but that's not the only reason he lost. Paquiao was still able to confuse Bradley with his quickness and angles. He is another level and unfortunately at this stage, Bradley is not on his level, and probably will never get there.

Comment

Eh, there's no reason to say anything bad about Bradley here, he's still world class (though he's slipped out of my top 10). Pacquiao's just all-time great.

Also, this should make us appreciate how great a dude like Mayweather is in order to just basically toy with an all-time great fighter like Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                      Eh, there's no reason to say anything bad about Bradley here, he's still world class (though he's slipped out of my top 10). Pacquiao's just all-time great.

Also, this should make us appreciate how great a dude like Mayweather is in order to just basically toy with an all-time great fighter like Pacquiao.
                      The writer of the article called Manny great but Floyd even greater. He said that their is a "difference between being ONE of the best," which is Manny, and being THE best, which is Floyd of, this era.

Comment

Working...
                      X