No announcement yet.

Mikkel Kessler set for retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    He was indeed clearly wobbled. Good for him that he tagged Green with a monster hook to keep him honest subsequently. When I watched the fight back then, it seemed to me as the cobwebs didn't leave kesslers brain before about a minute into round 2. He was clearly hurt like never before.
    Green was a loser but he could clearly always punch so it's not really a suprise that he could hurt Kessler.

Comment

what i liked most about the kessler - calzaghe fight was that it featured two european / foreign fighters without an american "A side." fights like that one opened the door for the super six.

i'm also starting to see people underrate the super six as a part of their backlash against young/king andre ward. that tournament was f#cking badass. 168 was the place to be for years.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Lose bad? What fight where you watching? It was a 7-5 fight and Froch was ready to go in round 11.
        Kessler was getting beaten to the punch the whole fight. I gave him 3-4 rounds and he was hurt several times. His reflexes have slowed badly.

Was it a good, competitive fight? Certainly.

Did Kessler lose it close? No way.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
        X