Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you one of those people that says "blame the owners not the dog" for pitbulls?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you one of those people that says "blame the owners not the dog" for pitbulls?

Or has there been so much attacks from Pitbulls that the "owners did not love it and it didnt interact with people" excuse is kinda bull**** nowadays?

are u starting to sway or do u still accept pitbulls as normal dogs?

there are a few inherently mean pitbulls (and other breeds), but you still have to blame people because the way we've bred them over the past few hundred years. My friend had this chow that was so ****ing mean. . . Great dog to them, though, and a great guard dog. But wouldn't let ANYbody outside of the family get close to it.

Most of the time, when a pitbull is mean, I say you gotta blamae the owners, though.

This is definitely not true in all circumstances, though. A lot of these dogs were just bred to be "one person" type dogs. And the owner should recognize this, and see that they have a great companion, and a guard dog, but should take all the proper precautions to ensure that dog never has the chance to attack somebody else.

Comment

i feel we dont need them..

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
        i feel we dont need them..
        I disagree. We've bred them to be the way tehy are (although most will still be friendly if raised with love, and not meanness). Not fair to just now say "well, **** ya'll. .. "

But they still serve a great purpose to people, and society. They make great guard dogs, and "one person" dogs.

The person should be the one responsible for ensuring they are securely kept. they should be held criminally liable if they act with any sort of negligence in the least that results in a person's death.. At held civilly liable all the time.

If the consequences, and repercussions were made stricter, and people knew, they'd be more hesistant to buy them in the first place.

Comment

I've seen chihuahuas meaner than pit bulls. The only pit bull I've ever had was not aggressive at all. In fact, he was kind of a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
            Or has there been so much attacks from Pitbulls that the "owners did not love it and it didnt interact with people" excuse is kinda bull**** nowadays?

are u starting to sway or do u still accept pitbulls as normal dogs?

a dog is almost entirely the product of the way it was raised.

that said, pit bulls were bred for violent purposes. that will include inherently a more violent disposition. additionally, they've got the weaponry.

finally, there's a certain demographic that makes up a part of pit bull ownership that owns them for their violent history and aura. they're very tough dogs.

that said, i've seen plenty of pit bulls that behave the way a well trained dog should. as long as you allow a litter to remain together and with their mother for the first 8 weeks of life, and you properly socialize the dog with people and other dogs during it's youth, it should be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Story View Post
              I've seen chihuahuas meaner than pit bulls. The only pit bull I've ever had was not aggressive at all. In fact, he was kind of a coward.
              Lol that's how one of my friend's pits was. She would get all happy when anybody came in his house, and her tail would be wagging like crazy - lol it would even kind of hurt your leg if it smacked against it while wagging.

Jumped up on your lap, and just wanted to be petted. . .

BUt she was so timid of any kind of loud noise, etc.

Comment

I've have had APBT's in my household for over 20 years. Not once have they attacked a human.

They can be dog aggressive, but if you interact them with other dogs when they are young, that can be controlled.

They were once the most popular dogs in the early 1900's. Shit, the Little Rascals had one as a pet in the 1930's.

They are like any other large powerful breed of dog. Treat them like shit, and the end result can be seriously dangerous.

Too many tough guy, macho assholes have owned these dogs, and what you get is threads like this by people that have no other interaction with them, then what they see on TV, or internet horror stories.

We don't need idiot, gangsta wannabes owning these dogs. If you can't take the time to properly care and train these dogs, or any dog for that matter, then stick to gold fish.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                  I disagree. We've bred them to be the way tehy are (although most will still be friendly if raised with love, and not meanness). Not fair to just now say "well, **** ya'll. .. "

But they still serve a great purpose to people, and society. They make great guard dogs, and "one person" dogs.

The person should be the one responsible for ensuring they are securely kept. they should be held criminally liable if they act with any sort of negligence in the least that results in a person's death.. At held civilly liable all the time.

If the consequences, and repercussions were made stricter, and people knew, they'd be more hesistant to buy them in the first place.
                  what if someone says that there are other guard dogs that are even more tame than pittbulls without the extra baggage?

Comment

I haven't had any bad run-ins with Pits, but I still can't stand them.

Comment

Working...
                    X