Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Catch Weight Fights destroying fighters and giving unfair advantages?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes they are necessary to make a fight between a small fighter and a slightly bigger fighter. If the fans don't want to see it......no catchweight will ever happen.

Comment

They are cool if like a LH fighter wants to meet a Middleweight to make a big fight but they should never be used for title fights

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        No not at all. It has been going on for ever. I don't understand why people have a problem with it now? People are just making too much out of this.
        I don't understand it either. Manny Pacquiao had one catchweight fight, not even an unfair one seeing as Cotto was perfectly happy about it being at 145lbs, and now all of a sudden people start whining? Catchweight fights have been happening for over 100 years. They don't complain about Walcott vs. Gans back in 1904, nor complain about Hopkins vs. Pavlik at 170 back in 2008, so why all the fuss now?

Put it this way -- would people rather not see Pacquiao-Cotto at all than see it at a weight both fighters were happy with?

People need to stop whining. My only complaint is when one fighter honors the catchweight and the other deliberately comes in heavier.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSci View Post
          vote on my brothers
          catchweights dont have too much effect on a fighter in the ring. it affects a fighters legacy more than it does physically.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
            I don't understand it either. Manny Pacquiao had one catchweight fight, not even an unfair one seeing as Cotto was perfectly happy about it being at 145lbs, and now all of a sudden people start whining? Catchweight fights have been happening for over 100 years. They don't complain about Walcott vs. Gans back in 1904, nor complain about Hopkins vs. Pavlik at 170 back in 2008, so why all the fuss now?

Put it this way -- would people rather not see Pacquiao-Cotto at all than see it at a weight both fighters were happy with?

People need to stop whining. My only complaint is when one fighter honors the catchweight and the other deliberately comes in heavier.
            The did not complain for Hopkins-Oscar at 157, nor Whitaker-Chavez at 145. The same weight that Cotto-Pac fought in. Chavez-Whitaker both are arguably top 15 greatest fighters of all time and both were top 2 P4P at the time. Yet where was the outrage?

Floyd/Oscar/Jones/Tito has the same amount of catchweight fights as Pac. But, yet I keep hearing stuff like Mannyweight like if Pac is the only one doing it. I mean catchweight has been going on forever. Is nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by brown mamba View Post
              catchweights dont have too much effect on a fighter in the ring. it affects a fighters legacy more than it does physically.
              In what way does it affects there legacy?

Comment

It doesn't. I'm not sure why he said that. People don't care about things like that looking back on history, they remember a great fight and the names on the resumes.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSci View Post
                  I feel these non existent weight limits should not be entertained nor tolerated by the governing bodies.
                  I've never liked catch weights. Especially when a championship is on the line.

Comment

[QUOTE=S a m u r a i;6755318]

I've always had a problem with them. Not just for Pacquiao. I didn't like when Delahoya challenged for Hopkins belt with a 157 pound catch weight. Or when Leonard won the LH title with a 168 pound limit. If a championship is on the line there should be no catch weight.

Comment

because if pac would have fought cotto at 147 instead of 145 it would be way better for his legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X