No announcement yet.

Does it matter.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it matter.......

if someone does his skipping right at the start or at the end of his workout? I was surprised reading in the book the greatest workouts that quite a few boxers choose to do their skipping right at the end of their training session.

Lol, I was about to ask if you read about that in the workout book thread I made.

It seems indeed that most fighters like to use it to wind down. Although sometimes the warm up with the jump rope. I know Mike Tyson in the Rooney days would jump rope to warm up. Some fighters even jump rope before and after their workout. Totally up to you.

Comment

It's good after the workout, my trainer said something about it helping to flush out the lactic acid or something.

Comment

Originally posted by GymRat View Post
        Lol, I was about to ask if you read about that in the workout book thread I made.

It seems indeed that most fighters like to use it to wind down. Although sometimes the warm up with the jump rope. I know Mike Tyson in the Rooney days would jump rope to warm up. Some fighters even jump rope before and after their workout. Totally up to you.
        yea i did ..I got the first book here thought about buying the second one,but you already posted it I guess u saved me a few bucks haha

hey whats up with the danny green link,it doesn't wanna open up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
          It's good after the workout, my trainer said something about it helping to flush out the lactic acid or something.
          Yup. If you are 100% hard training and then you just stop the lactic acid (stuff that makes you feel the 'burn' in your muscles) stays in them and leads to stiffness and soreness.

So doing a cool down of skipping, light shadow boxing, stretching etc will bring your heart rate down slower and keep your blood flowing more to your muscles to get the lactic acid out of them so you should feel a bit better then next day.

Comment

i have always been told skipping then abs at the end of a session,not before punching as it can knot your stomach or something along those lines

Comment

Working...
            X