Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So when is Ward going to move up and fight Stevenson/Kovalev???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ward is smart enough NOT to do that, the risk is just too much (just ask Chad Dawson). I think he'll more likely ask Golovkin to move up or ask the 2 to move down rather than face Stevenson/Kovalev in their weight class.
    Last edited by Dat; 11-28-2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Wards sticking around till he gets GGG or Jr.

Comment

Despite what we have to say about it, Ward will take the fight that makes the most $$$ and there is nothing wrong with that, up to a point. Biggest fight now is with Chavez Jr who would look like a chimichanga at 175.

Forget about GGG...he's not a big enough draw just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          Despite what we have to say about it, Ward will take the fight that makes the most $$$ and there is nothing wrong with that, up to a point. Biggest fight now is with Chavez Jr who would look like a chimichanga at 175.

Forget about GGG...he's not a big enough draw just yet.

golovkin actaully does better on hbo than ward. chicks dig russian power punchers.

almost as good as JR, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            golovkin actaully does better on hbo than ward. chicks dig russian power punchers.

almost as good as JR, lol.
            Has GGG ever had a ppv with big numbers? I honestly don't know.
            Surely Jr would be a bigger money maker..

Comment

Maybe next year. GGG needs to move up to 168 and fight Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                I thought the Dirrell brothers said they'd never fight Ward. I want to see Groves fight someone else good at 168 first.
                I don't remember Anthony saying anything like that, but I could be wrong. I think Ward should wait at 168 for GGG. That's a pretty good sized PPV in a year or so.

Comment

Golovkin is a relatively small natural middleweight compared to many of the others in the division - Rosado was the slightly bigger guy & he was supposed to be a big Jnr. middleweight.

Whereas Ward is a natural light-heavy who has no problems making the 168lb limit due to his discipline & excellent training habits.
                  He competed at the olympics at light-heavy, & there really isn't any excuse for him to not move up & face guys at his natural weight apart from trying to squeeze a little more money out of the division in some showcase bouts (ie. Chavez Jr).

Comment

Working...
                  X