No announcement yet.

Fascinating insight into choice of Margarito as opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fascinating insight into choice of Margarito as opponent

I realised something recently. After seeing the million threads on this topic and hearing all the constant chatter about it, but most interestingly, seeing Roach and his camp say they are worried over this choice of opponent I started thinking "Why did they choose this fight?'

Apart from the obvious of he's all but done, lost his last big fight by horrible KO, looked terrible in his last outing and has only fought three time in three years and is also a Top Rank fighter, surely there were better choices?

Well, one thing that I'm sure many people don't realise is that, apart from Mosley, every other one of his losses have been to southpaws.

Margarito can't beat them. He doesn't know how to let his hands go against them. His way to win is to pressure and throw a large volume of punches. Against southpaws he throws less than the average for welterweights.

His one other blemish, that being a NC, was also to a southpaw and it was also a fight he was losing.

This is the one other point that made me realise he doesn't stand a chance and I have a feeling he also realises he probably can't win.
Working...
X