No announcement yet.

Haye/Valuev II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haye/Valuev II

Just seen on Sky Sports News that if Haye beats his mando John Ruiz then there is a clause in the contract that he must give Valuev a rematch
    Valuev and Ruiz are like Aids,They NEVER go away.
    We all want to see Haye V a Klitschko but Haye is tied up with Ruiz and Valuev so at its earliest it wont happen to this time next year and thats only if Haye does the unthinkable and fights 3 times in one year.

Haye and Vitali keen for showdown

New WBA heavyweight champion David Haye and WBC champion Vitali Klitschko are eager to fight each other next year.

Both boxers spoke to Sportsweek on Sunday, with Ukrainian Klitchsko saying he is "ready to give Haye a fight and to knock him out" when they meet.

But Briton Haye replied: "Let's get it on. I look forward to a mega showdown."

Haye, who outpointed Nikolay Valuev on Saturday, must make a mandatory defence against John Ruiz first while Klitchsko will meet Kevin Johnson on 12 December.

The 29-year-old Haye has already seen one bout with Vitali fall through and also pulled out of a meeting with Klitschko's brother, IBF and WBO champion Wladimir, in June because of a back injury.

Klitschko, 38, added: "It is very difficult to say what will happen in the future because Haye is so unpredictable, but I am ready at any time to fight him.

"I am the holder of the WBC belt, the belt that Muhammad Ali, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield and George Foreman held.

"The WBC belt is the best in the world and I am ready to fight anyone in the world and prove that I am the strongest."

However, any meeting between the two would only happen after they fulfil their contractual obligations first.

BEN DIRS' BLOG
    If Haye can see off Ruiz, which he should have little problem doing, it will be time to go hunting for Klitschkos

Haye said: "I have to defend against Ruiz because that was part of the deal for me to fight Valuev. Ruiz took money to step aside on the understanding that he would fight the winner.

"So I have to fight him as he is the mandatory challenger and they would strip the title off me if I didn't."

That bout may take place in London, possibly in March next year, but the pair need to overcome injuries first.

Haye revealed that he broke his right hand in his victory over Valuev, while Ruiz suffered a nasty cut during his win against Adnan Serin on Saturday's undercard.

Meanwhile, promoter Frank Warren does not rate Valuev and believes Haye's quality as world champion can only be judged when he faces one of the Klitschko brothers.

People talk about Valuev like he is something special... he is probably one of the poorest heavyweights ever seen

Promoter Frank Warren

"Nobody can tell me Valuev is a quality heavyweight. He is not even an average heavyweight," said Warren.

"People talk about Valuev like he is something special. He is probably one of the poorest heavyweights ever seen.

"Everybody gets carried away. Just because he is a giant of a man doesn't mean he is a good fighter.

"John Ruiz is a guy who was beaten by Roy Jones. It is when you start talking about the Klitschkos, they are totally different fights.

"They are guys who can box and throw punches. That is when you will see whether Haye can do it at that level. Beating Valuev is not the yardstick."

Comment

Hopefully Sauerland dont stop this from happening

Comment

I dont care who he fights, He only just won the belt yesterday so let him enjoy it while this last.

Comment

if that was the case then i could see him just vacating he WBA title and going for a fight with either Wladimir or Vitali,i really doubt Haye would want to fight Valuev again.

Comment

Haye would school Valuev this time round. Now Haye knows he can hurt Valuev and is human i think he would be alot more willing to exchange and be far more active.

Comment

Yeah valuev fight is pointless as id the Ruiz fight,We need Vitali/Haye

Comment

Originally posted by elephant man View Post
                Yeah valuev fight is pointless as id the Ruiz fight,We need Vitali/Haye
                Let him tune up and get me experience. I know for a fact that Haye wants the Klit's and they should give him a good deal if his name gets up and he has a belt.

Comment

Originally posted by elephant man View Post
                  Just seen on Sky Sports News that if Haye beats his mando John Ruiz then there is a clause in the contract that he must give Valuev a rematch
                  Valuev and Ruiz are like Aids,They NEVER go away.
                  We all want to see Haye V a Klitschko but Haye is tied up with Ruiz and Valuev so at its earliest it wont happen to this time next year and thats only if Haye does the unthinkable and fights 3 times in one year.
                  Why would they subject people to seeing that again?

I'd rather watch 12 hours of knitting than that fight again.

Comment

Come on, don't let bulls*** get in the way of Haye fighting a Klitschko again once Haye gets past Ruiz.

Comment

Working...
                    X