Bernard Hopkins took calculated risks, he is 1 of the most overrated modern ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Debatable. Both have/had poor resumes

Golovkin has beaten a reigning champion and a few top 5 guys whereas Calzaghe fought zero.

But regardless, it's irrelevant.

What's being highlighted here is your hypocrisy, you praise Calzaghe and tear down GGG when they are/were one and the same.
    its not debateable

GGG beat who for his title? David lemieux

Calzaghe beat Chris eubank....an established fighter and 2 division titlist

edge: Calzaghe

who beat more champions and titlist: Calzaghe

nice try

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      You're funny therealpugilist , anything for your agenda. You used to hate on Calzaghe on NSB, peep game:

And I remember you saying how Hopkins would beat all these guys (Calzaghe, Taylor) if he was prime and he only lost because he was past prime, check:

So why you lyin in this thread? Why you trying to rewrite history acting like your own post history isn't documented? You got exposed multiple times in this thread and now I have to drop this because you won't stop.

SMH...I knew this dude didn't care about Calzaghe. He just mad he got owned in the James Toney thread so he's trying to discredit Hopkins.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        So you're saying you were calling for Hopkins-Calzaghe in 1998, 1999ish? Honestly.
        you idiots really lack reading comprehension skills

Hopkins won his first title in 95

Calzaghe was a titlist by 97....they were one division apart their entire career

and you still dont see why people talked about this fight from the early 2000s until they in finally fought

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          It is blatant hypocrisy. How can you justify it?

Calzaghe had fought zero reigning champions at that point and wasn't even a legitimate champion. He'd also fought zero fighters ranked in the top 5.

Tarver was the Lineal LHW Champion. According to you, the only title that matters.

How can you say that at that time he should have fought Calzaghe with this in mind?
          simply put...you cant dispute it because its a fcat moving on....calzaghe had a better resume at the time than GGG

Comment

• This is just flat about embarrassing now. It's clear to everyone OP doesn't have a leg to stand on, and wasn't following the sport closely back then.

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            You're funny therealpugilist , anything for your agenda. You used to hate on Calzaghe on NSB, peep game:

And I remember you saying how Hopkins would beat all these guys (Calzaghe, Taylor) if he was prime and he only lost because he was past prime, check:

So why you lyin in this thread? Why you trying to rewrite history acting like your own post history isn't documented? You got exposed multiple times in this thread and now I have to drop this because you won't stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post

bro you are slow...if i just said that Hopkins was at his best in the early 2000s and i wouild have favored him over when Calzaghe was in his prime then, that shows that the fight was talked about in the early 2000s they were 1 division apart a long time

document my azz man....you cant change the fact both were one division apart until they fought, their entire career

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                its not debateable

GGG beat who for his title? David lemieux

Calzaghe beat Chris eubank....an established fighter and 2 division titlist

edge: Calzaghe

who beat more champions and titlist: Calzaghe

nice try
                Well Eubank was unranked at that time.

Golovkin atleast beat a reigning champion for his belt.

Calzaghe beat some ex champions but non were ranked in the top 5.

Either way irrelvant to the point anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Sometimes I forget just how bruising and damaging a fighter Hopkins was at his best.
                  So many people do and that's why I stopped bothering anymore, Hopkins in his prime was just a beast.

Comment

simply put...you cant dispute it because its a fcat moving on....calzaghe had a better resume at the time than GGG
                    Again, even if that were true, it's irrelvant.

Your hypocrisy is still clear as day to see.

Comment

you idiots really lack reading comprehension skills

Hopkins won his first title in 95

Calzaghe was a titlist by 97....they were one division apart their entire career

and you still dont see why people talked about this fight from the early 2000s until they in finally fought

So you won't answer the question? Because, what I said was that the fight wasn't something in discussion until 2001. No one on message boards was clamoring for it, just like no is clamoring for Danny Jacobs-James DeGale even though the two are one division apart.

Comment

Working...
                      X