Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd Amateur Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a charity fight?? Because after watching the full thing this just does not look like a proper amateur bout.....
    1- the headgear
    2- a fight is never really recorded like that unless its on tv or a charity fight
    3- that ref was talking waaaay 2much! An amateur boxing ref is only allowed say 3 words, STOP, BREAK and BOX...anything else has do be told through hand gestures......

And 4- you don't have running commentary while a fight is going on and ring music and all that.....

Soooo sorry, but is this your 3rd fight, or your 3rd exhibition or charity fight..?

Annnnnd after reading your comments above you say youl be 30 in Jan...
    So in fact this is not a real fight.
    Sorry, but anybody could that at the weekend, and the ref wouldn't of stopped that guy, he didn't even receive a standing 8

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
      Soooo sorry, but is this your 3rd fight, or your 3rd exhibition or charity fight..?

What are you so pissy about? It's clearly a charity exhibition fight who cares, let him enjoy it. You like boxing, he likes boxing, be inclusive and friendly. This high horse "I'm more legit than you" bull**** isn't making anyone happier, leave that nonsense for the hipsters.

Comment

Is this a charity fight?? Because after watching the full thing this just does not look like a proper amateur bout.....
        1- the headgear
        2- a fight is never really recorded like that unless its on tv or a charity fight
        3- that ref was talking waaaay 2much! An amateur boxing ref is only allowed say 3 words, STOP, BREAK and BOX...anything else has do be told through hand gestures......

And 4- you don't have running commentary while a fight is going on and ring music and all that.....

Sorry, but anybody could that at the weekend, and the ref wouldn't of stopped that guy, he didn't even receive a standing 8
        Fact is in fact... Fact. But they were wearing competition gloves. Good call on the announcer blabbing away during the round,

Originally posted by Soju View Post
        What are you so pissy about? It's clearly a charity exhibition fight who cares, let him enjoy it. You like boxing, he likes boxing, be inclusive and friendly. This high horse "I'm more legit than you" bull**** isn't making anyone happier, leave that nonsense for the hipsters.
        I guess it only matters to those who have done or do..........

Comment

1- the headgear

How high is your horse boxing hipster? We're you boxing before it sold out and went mainstream? Are you still mad that McGregor lost? You've contributed nothing to the conversation but managed to make yourself look like a prick. If my fights are beneath you then don't watch the next one. There's plenty of mistakes to point on in my performance if you want to be negative but any fight is a real fight to the two people fighting. A USA Boxing sanctioned amateur fight is what that was. No, I'm not a pro or ever going to be one. Yes, the ref and ring commentary was bush league. Thanks boxing hipster.

Comment

Originally posted by tblefever View Post
            That is EXACTLY how I feel. What a quote!

I occasionally spar at the Police Athletic League Gym down here in Atlanta, GA with some cops, firemen, and city kids but my day-in day-out training is in my garage. I set up all the essentials and I just go to work. Fitting sparring into my schedule is my biggest challenge because my work schedule is crazy, I've got my kids to take care of, and I live pretty far from all my boxing friends. I'm gonna be 30 in January. My vision is to get my act together and workout hard for another year or two and then enter the GA Golden Gloves if I have elevate d my game by then. Doing well at the Gloves would probably be my ultimate goal at this point in my life. Thanks for checking me out!
            Would you be interested in me training you for your gloves debut?

My lease is up in October. Have gloves will travel for the right person.

I can put Detroit boxing deep in to your heart, along with the Detroit skill and mind set. Do you have your Pedigree yet? If you're not a dawg as you stand now just know that when we are in to it you will be a dawg by every definition)

I can be any where in this world that I choose. I want to be training wherever that might be with a guy who knows how to put in the work.

It was raw but I liked what I saw in your video.

Let me know man, after October I am free to be where I choose.

Lemme know man.

(this is not bull**** . I have the experience, knowledge and skill to pass on to you, ala Detroit)

This is your chance to do it for real and to win ALL of that ****..........
            Last edited by Rockin'; 04-04-2016, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I never said one thing about "I'm more legit than you".. I was just pointing out that this is not a legitimate amateur fight and that anybody can fight in this type of "event" that was all.... I have respect for any man who gets in the ring weather it be competitive or not.

Originally posted by tblefever View Post
              How high is your horse boxing hipster? We're you boxing before it sold out and went mainstream? Are you still mad that McGregor lost? You've contributed nothing to the conversation but managed to make yourself look like a prick. If my fights are beneath you then don't watch the next one. There's plenty of mistakes to point on in my performance if you want to be negative but any fight is a real fight to the two people fighting. A USA Boxing sanctioned amateur fight is what that was. No, I'm not a pro or ever going to be one. Yes, the ref and ring commentary was bush league. Thanks boxing hipster.
              Yes iv been boxing for a very long time!! Y your mentioning mc Gregor I have no idea :\ ....

Ok let me put this straight...it was a good fight, very good for someone not boxing long, the fight is/was not beneath me and as mentioned above I respect anyone who gets in the ring,and it takes more balls to do it the older you get (with not much experience)..
              Now point is, you said this was a USA boxing sanctioned fight... It wasn't.. And I no that for a fact because amateur governing bodies are not allowed to be involved in charity fights due to safety and all that...
              My "problem" as you would call it, is that you cant just say this is your 3rd amateur fight, when it is not.... Their is no headgear in boxing anymore, besides under 18s who are not at elite level....
              The ref and look iv made my point already,

The thing is people work real hard, in fights that mostly take place in gyms.
              Just please don't be saying this is a "legit" fight, because the rules are universal around the world regarding boxing at amateur level.

Again respect for geting I the ring and keep it up,
              But at the same time, don't disrespect by trying to fool people into thinking its a legit amateur fight......that is all

Comment

I never said one thing about "I'm more legit than you".. I was just pointing out that this is not a legitimate amateur fight and that anybody can fight in this type of "event" that was all.... I have respect for any man who gets in the ring weather it be competitive or not.
                OK sorry I misread your tone, it just seemed like you were taking a dump on this guy for the sake of it. Interesting points regarding headgear, I thought in the U.S. it was still being worn until a certain level.

Comment

OK sorry I misread your tone, it just seemed like you were taking a dump on this guy for the sake of it. Interesting points regarding headgear, I thought in the U.S. it was still being worn until a certain level.
                  They are until a certain level like you said. The golden gloves is going on right now and the fighters fighting for a spot at the national golden gloves have been wearing headgear. I believe that its international tournaments that don't wear headgear like the Olympics for example.

Comment

Maybe your right......maybe they do things differently in the US.

I know that iv been boxing with no headgear in Ireland and Europe for a couple of years now on and off at senior intermediate level.

Maybe it was legit but I cant see it,
                    AIBA rules state that refs are only allowed say BREAK,STOP and BOX...
                    That ref was talking away...the music and all, just didn't look (from a person involved in amateur boxing) legit

And thats not ****ting on the lad for his boxing or anything

Comment

Yes iv been boxing for a very long time!! Y your mentioning mc Gregor I have no idea :\ ....

Ok let me put this straight...it was a good fight, very good for someone not boxing long, the fight is/was not beneath me and as mentioned above I respect anyone who gets in the ring,and it takes more balls to do it the older you get (with not much experience)..
                      Now point is, you said this was a USA boxing sanctioned fight... It wasn't.. And I no that for a fact because amateur governing bodies are not allowed to be involved in charity fights due to safety and all that...
                      My "problem" as you would call it, is that you cant just say this is your 3rd amateur fight, when it is not.... Their is no headgear in boxing anymore, besides under 18s who are not at elite level....
                      The ref and look iv made my point already,

The thing is people work real hard, in fights that mostly take place in gyms.
                      Just please don't be saying this is a "legit" fight, because the rules are universal around the world regarding boxing at amateur level.

Again respect for geting I the ring and keep it up,
                      But at the same time, don't disrespect by trying to fool people into thinking its a legit amateur fight......that is all
                      Alright look man. I'm not trying to slight anyone who is a more serious boxer than me by calling my fights amateur fights. I trained my ass off, made sacrifices, joined USA Boxing, got my passport, checked in with a doctor, weighed in, fought, and got drunk as hell afterwards three times. The thing is...I don't really care either way if it "legit". I raised money for a good cause have a stupid little passbook I can give to my kid one day when I'm old and fat showing that I had some amateur bouts. I just wanted some advice from people that are better at this than I am so I can improve myself. I appreciate the feedback from those that have given it. Congratulations on your success. It sounds like you're quite an accomplished fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X