Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach: "[Khan] is not a big pay-per-view draw"

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/excl...freddie-roach/

Originally posted by Boxing News Online
    “The thing is he’s not a big pay-per-view draw,” Roach told Boxing News. “We had talks about him and I know him very well, he’s a good boxer. His speed would give anyone in the world trouble, he’s a very good fighter, but his name got thrown out very, very quickly by HBO. HBO didn’t want that fight.”
    Do I even need to bring up Algieri? Because I'm fairly certain Khan does bigger international numbers than Chris.
    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 01-14-2016, 09:36 AM.

Neither is Bradley! Your point Roach?

I can guarantee that Pac/Khan would have done better numbers than what Pac/Bradley III is going to do.

Comment

[QUOTE=revelated;16389487]http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/excl...freddie-roach/

[QUOTE=Boxing News Online]
      “The thing is he’s not a big pay-per-view draw,” Roach told Boxing News. “We had talks about him and I know him very well, he’s a good boxer. His speed would give anyone in the world trouble, he’s a very good fighter, but his name got thrown out very, very quickly by HBO. HBO didn’t want that fight.”

Do I even need to bring up Algieri? Because I'm fairly certain Khan does bigger international numbers than Chris.
      algieri beat provodnikov for the pacquiao shot. who has khan beat in the last 2 years??
      hell khan barely beat algieri after pacquiao destroyed him....
      end thread!

Comment

Neither is Bradley but you can build the fight against Khan on the fact that roach neglected Khan for pacquiao, them having sparring sessions together and being told not to spar each other. Plenty to work on but nope Bradley is this great PPV star.

Comment

I could easily see Khan pricing himself out, but Pac-Khan is a more exciting prospect than Pac-Bradley III. A lot more.

Comment

Khan has not done **** to deserve a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
              Khan has not done **** to deserve a shot.
              Deserve a shot? Pacquiao himself lost his last fight

Comment

It's true.

Khan hasn't been important since Garcia battered him in 2012. He has lost his standing, has fought nobody to build his name back up, doesn't sell out arenas and his last fight was relegated to Spike TV as HBO/Showtime had no interest in showing it.

Comment

Khan has been tip toeing the last 3 to 4 years. He's exactly where he should be. Out on his ass.

Comment

His star has faded in the UK quite some time ago too. USA don't care about him either.

He should be jumping at the chance to fight Brook because it's the only time now he'll become relevant again.

He talks like he's the A-side, well i personally think he needs Brook now and that is entirely his own fault. Stayed inactive for large periods of time trying to land a Mayweather payday that never arrived. His opposition since losing to Garcia has been weak for a fighter who boasts about being a major player. It's not even like he showed he was far above the level of opponent either, the Diaz fight was fairly close and Algieri could have been a draw and nobody could complain.

Comment

Working...
                    X