Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo-Khan. Not nearly as bad as Floyd-JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Khan's perspective this fight is surely a cash out. There's no other plausible explanation all other things considered. But where is the incentive for Canelo? I don't see it at all.

My mind is blown.

Comment

• Originally posted by GG Magic View Post
      From Khan's perspective this fight is surely a cash out. There's no other plausible explanation all other things considered. But where is the incentive for Canelo? I don't see it at all.

My mind is blown.
      Which is what most people don't get or fail to acknowledge. Khan is on a slippery slope. He's where most guys are at when they know the pressure is on and they are at a crossroads. If he wins vs Canelo, which is highly unlikely, he can move up and have at least 7 more fights because of it, but if and when he loses to Canelo he will front as if he made a significant try to hide his issues with his chin. Its why this fight is being made. So he can say well its not like i have a bad chin, Canelo has a great set of attributes and he swells up to 170. This fight is just career suicide, but with his fading skill, bad chin, tendency to square up, horrible footwork, bad habit of leaving his chin in the air too long....its not gonna last too long....but long enough for him to say i survived blank vs Saul.

Comment

• I enjoy the site from time to time, but when i read Pernell and Floyd are one dimensional.....its like how do you reduce two offensively well rounded boxers to being one dimensional??? Goodness gracious

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          Compare Floyd's lack of KOs in his 4th weight division to some naturally bigger ATGs that started out at, or nearer that weight division. That seems extremely logical.

Lets ignore rough fights vs Chavez and Emanuel Augustus were Floyd has had to force the stoppage. Or Whitaker/Hurtado. Yeah. One dimensional.

I'm just surprised he hasn't brought Ward vs Froch into this conversation somehow. That's the only other thing he knows about.
          Haha... A lot of people that are new to the sport do tend to focus exclusively on his welterweight career. But even at welterweight and above he was a complete fighter. To say that he and Whitaker are one dimensional just shows a complete lack of understanding of the sport of boxing.

Comment

Working...
          X