Official: Adrien Broner vs Ashley Theophane Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Adrien Broner vs Ashley Theophane Fight Discussion Thread

April 1

At Washington, D.C. (Spike): Adrien Broner vs. Ashley Theophane, 12 rounds, for Broner's WBA junior welterweight title; Robert Easter Jr. vs. Argenis Mendez, 10 or 12 rounds, lightweights; Gervonta Davis vs. Guillermo Avila, 10 rounds, junior lightweights; Anthony Peterson vs. Samuel Neequaye, 10 rounds, lightweights; J'Leon Love vs. Michael Gbenga, 10 rounds, super middleweights; Demond Nicholson vs. Joshua Okine, 8 rounds, middleweights; Kareem Martin vs. Somner Martin, 6 rounds, welterweights; Patrick Harris vs. Samuel Amoako, 6 rounds, lightweights; Shynggyskhan Tazhibay vs. Riarus Dudley, 4 rounds, welterweights
    Broner KO
    43.75%
    Broner UD
    29.69%
    Ashley KO
    12.50%
    Ashley UD
    14.06%
    Last edited by STAX ON DECK; 03-29-2016, 01:52 PM.

[ASHLEY CALLS OUT ADRIEN BRONER TO FIGHT, MAYWEATHER BACKS HIM]

[BRONER ADDRESSES AND CALLS OUT ASHLEY THEOPHANE AFTER KHABIB FIGHT]

[BRONER SAYS FLOYD WANTS BRONER ON TMT, NOT SURPRISED]

Comment

reserved...........(and they say i cant spell..smh)

Comment

Broner should win this. Theopane is c level and hits about as hard as malignaggi.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
          Broner should win this. Theopane is c level and hits about as hard as malignaggi.
          wrong,,hes a well respected fighter from the UK

Comment

I can't pick a winner just yet cause I see this fight a few different ways. Ab has the faster hands but he needs to set his feet to get off and does not fight well when forced to back up. Theopane is by far the better all around boxer compared to ab but does he have enough pop in his punches to back ab up. Ab has issues with boxers with good lateral movement. Being truthful had it not been for the last round knockdown against they guy who fought algieri before the ruslan fight (why can't I remember his name) a broner victory would have been considered questionable. You know FMJ has told Ashley all of the flaws he sees in ab and l don't see Ashley making any Drastic changes to his style of fighting. he's going to box. He won't stand in front of broner and not gonna slug so I guess this fight comes down to which broner shows up. The Molina broner or the porter broner? The one that's gonna move and aggressively look for an attack openings or the one that's gonna not let his hands go cause he's looking to land the one perfect shot

Comment

Ashley not strong enough to keep Broner at bay, Broner UD late TKO.

Comment

I can't pick a winner just yet cause I see this fight a few different ways. Ab has the faster hands but he needs to set his feet to get off and does not fight well when forced to back up. Theopane is by far the better all around boxer compared to ab but does he have enough pop in his punches to back ab up. Ab has issues with boxers with good lateral movement. Being truthful had it not been for the last round knockdown against they guy who fought algieri before the ruslan fight (why can't I remember his name) a broner victory would have been considered questionable. You know FMJ has told Ashley all of the flaws he sees in ab and l don't see Ashley making any Drastic changes to his style of fighting. he's going to box. He won't stand in front of broner and not gonna slug so I guess this fight comes down to which broner shows up. The Molina broner or the porter broner? The one that's gonna move and aggressively look for an attack openings or the one that's gonna not let his hands go cause he's looking to land the one perfect shot
                I think you're talking about Emmanuel Taylor. His fight with Broner was even until Broner dropped him late in the fight. It was actually a pretty good scrap overall.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                  I think you're talking about Emmanuel Taylor. His fight with Broner was even until Broner dropped him late in the fight. It was actually a pretty good scrap overall.
                  even???on whos scorecard,adolf hitlers??

most poeple had broner up wide

Comment

Theophane is a solid boxer who's movement could trouble Broner but as others said Broners strength and power advantage should probably tip the scales in his favour.

Broner is a lot more formidable at 140. why he ever went up to 147 is totally beyond me

Comment

Working...
                    X