Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who rate higher in britain-amir khan or carl frampton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing people don't seem to get with Khan is that sometimes he can hit the heights, and his ceiling is seriously high. But on another night he can B or C class, his style doesn't excel against every style and he is not consistent. You can't put every fighter into a box, which you can justify your opinions on, and it makes sense to you. There are some fighters who are really consistent, who will bring it every night and beat everyone apart from the best guys, but they have a clear ceiling to their ability.

Then you have guys like Khan who come along on occasion and are absolute anomalies, and don't follow the normal service of things. Its about time everyone understood that and enjoyed the ride.

Comment

What you must remember when comparing Khan to Frampton, or even Brook, is that Khan has won titles and fought in two divisions prior to this. 135lb and 140lb.

He is currently competing at world level in his third division at 147lb !

So to be fair to Khan. He is the most proven out of those around him.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
        Both are extremely exciting. There's styles are quite similar. Frampton not lost but khan has better resume.

Who do you rate more?
        Huh... extremely exciting... extremely exciting...
        Who do I rate more, who do I rate more?

Comment

I don't think their styles are similar btw.

I find Khan to be one dimensional and he relies purely on speed. Frampton is a boxer puncher who can come forward, he can go on the back foot and counter, he can fight inside...

Frampton is a much more complete fighter.

Comment

Khan already beat Frampton's brother...
            I like both

Comment

Khan has the resume but Frampton is the better boxer and a lot less flawed. I still think we're yet to see Framptons best he seems to improve in every fight.

Comment

I like Frampton, don't know if he can win any if the big fights though.

I'd like to see him with donaire next, but that's not happening.

Comment

Khan is a better fighter than Frampton all round. He is held in much higher regard since his level of competition is pretty much unmatched by any other active fighter in the UK. Frampton is excellent in his own right though but very few boxers can really compare with Khan at this point.

But put it this way - Frampton's USA debut (age 28) was against a no-name fighter. Khan's USA debut (age 23) was against Paulie Malignaggi: 2-time world champion, who won one of those titles before Khan beat him and one of those titles 2 years after Khan had beat him!

It's like comparing two different worlds really.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Khan is a better fighter than Frampton all round. He is held in much higher regard since his level of competition is pretty much unmatched by any other active fighter in the UK. Frampton is excellent in his own right though but very few boxers can really compare with Khan at this point.

But put it this way - Frampton's USA debut (age 28) was against a no-name fighter. Khan's USA debut (age 23) was against Paulie Malignaggi: 2-time world champion, who won one of those titles before Khan beat him and one of those titles 2 years after Khan had beat him!

It's like comparing two different worlds really.
                    Your 100% correct.

2 different worlds.

Planet Khantard an Planet Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                      Your 100% correct.
                      Thanks, it's good to see at least a small section of this (often seemingly ******ed) boxing community willing to accept reality for what it is. It's basic logic really, the facts are the facts.

Comment

Working...
                      X