No announcement yet.

Estrada vs. Segura Round By Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
    Disappointed in Estrada....he carried Segura for about 5 rounds....could've stopped him much earlier but didn't really put together a good finishing surge....even at the time of the stoppage, he didnt really put it on Segura...Pissed me right off.
    I agree. He would land 3 consecutive solid shots on Segura sending him towards the ropes and then would back off.

Comment

Originally posted by humanpunchingbg View Post
      I agree. He would land 3 consecutive solid shots on Segura sending him towards the ropes and then would back off.
      Perhaps too cautious since Segura has pulled off victories from the jaws of defeat before? Segura is ******ed strong, if you get too careless trying to finish him he will throw one of his signature hooks or slow motion uppercuts that would most likely connect due to carelessness, and could possibly spell out KNOCKOUT.

Comment

Estrada vs. Choc at the stub hub, I'm there.

Great fight but Segura looked spent, Estrada was also fighting a bit too wild early then he settled down and just cruised.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
            Disappointed in Estrada....he carried Segura for about 5 rounds....could've stopped him much earlier but didn't really put together a good finishing surge....even at the time of the stoppage, he didnt really put it on Segura...Pissed me right off.
            Originally posted by humanpunchingbg View Post

Are you guys taking the piss? If you think that was 'carrying' someone for five rounds, you need to go learn the definition of 'carrying' someone in a fight.

He was constantly trying to finish it, but when the guy keeps coming back, particularly to the body which you could see was effecting Estrada enough to back him off, then you don't just wade in and blow your wad. Second, he was trying to pick his shots. He's not one of these Margarito types that just throw anywhere. He's a counter puncher that picks his best shots and makes them count. That means if it's not there, he's not going to just throw for the sake of throwing. That's Seguras game.

Every time he backed Segura up, instead of just blowing his wad going wild, which he did early and it tired him out a little, he would land, then try to pick his best shot, or, Segura would come back with his own shots which made him back off.

Watch what actually happens in the damn fight, not what you want to happen or what you think should happen.

Jesus...carried him?..

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Estrada let Segura off the hook a little bit, I think Estrada could have stopped him if he pressed it more.

Comment

Estrada and Chocalatito should be in the top 10.

When you think about it, they're beating better opposition than Klittschko and not doing it based on size.

Comment

Working...
                X