No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson: I Had to Wait Before Charging at Holt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson: I Had to Wait Before Charging at Holt

For the first three rounds against Kendall Holt on Friday, Lamont Peterson appeared to be doing little on offense, leading many of his fans in attendance in his native Washington, D.C., to yell for him to let his hands go.

But that was all part of the plan, Peterson said after scoring an eighth-round technical knockout to defend his junior welterweight title.

“As you know, I like to put pressure on fighters. I knew eventually that it would get to that point,” Peterson said at the post-fight press conference. “From the tapes that I watched on Kendall, he always seemed to land a good counter hook and an overhand right — kind of like a straight right, an in-between shot. I just wanted to make sure I was able to guard both of those punches before I’d go charging at him. Once I felt I had those two punches down pat, then I started charging forward. That changed the fight.” [Click Here To Read More]

You guys have seen what steroids have done to Lamont. Just imagine Matthysse on steroids. He would become an unbeatable monster.
    Last edited by wazaa.; 02-24-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

That's an issue with Peterson, I knew it was only a matter of time with Holt but Peterson needs to be more authoritative while adjusting, this is why Bradley, Ortiz and Khan were able to overwhelm him early. That said he's not someone any of the top Jr WWs can sleep on.

Off topic but I'd love to see Rios vs. Peterson, two of the best infighters going at it. Too bad it won't happen.

Comment

It may have been part of the plan, but that 14 months off may have had something to do with it.

Comment

Is he still on drugs? I mean his pellets? Have they been approved by the boxing organisation for him to continue using it to level the playing field for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            That's an issue with Peterson, I knew it was only a matter of time with Holt but Peterson needs to be more authoritative while adjusting, this is why Bradley, Ortiz and Khan were able to overwhelm him early. That said he's not someone any of the top Jr WWs can sleep on.

Off topic but I'd love to see Rios vs. Peterson, two of the best infighters going at it. Too bad it won't happen.
            man that would be a great fight! too bad we'll never see it

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Is he still on drugs? I mean his pellets? Have they been approved by the boxing organisation for him to continue using it to level the playing field for him?
              his treatment was proven to be legal by an independent doctor who reviewed his medical records. the only mistake he made against khan was by not speaking on it early and applying for the exemption clause

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
                his treatment was proven to be legal by an independent doctor who reviewed his medical records. the only mistake he made against khan was by not speaking on it early and applying for the exemption clause
                So he still on the pellets then? Since they are there to level up the playing field I guess the organisation have no choice but to allow him to continue roiding himself because his body produce a "low" amount of testetorone "according" to his( the independent one) doctor.

Comment

So he still on the pellets then? Since they are there to level up the playing field I guess the organisation have no choice but to allow him to continue roiding himself because his body produce a "low" amount of testetorone "according" to his( the independent one) doctor.
                  ^^^^^^This BS, SMDH. Stop looking for shyte - ain't nothing here. Apparently, the IBF found no wrongdoing, except that he didn't disclose it earlier. And you would have done your research, you would know his testosterone levels were not excessive by no means........

Comment

I'm just wondering if Peterson somehow got a doctor to say he approved of Peterson taking testosterone as treatment for a condition he had why haven't other fighters that were guilty of taking steroids done the same thing as people think Peterson did which i assume is pay off a doctor to vouch for him. I personally think Peterson had a legit reason to be on whatever he was on thus why a doctor came out and said that he had a prescription. If it was as easy as paying a doctor off why didn't Shane Mosley do that when he got caught?

Comment

Working...
                    X