No announcement yet.

Scott Harrison back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Harrison back

Former world featherweight champion Scott Harrison has been granted back his licence after a six-year absence from the ring.

The British Boxing Board of Control made the decision after the 34-year-old's case was backed by the Scottish Boxing Area Council.

"It's a nice early Christmas present for Scott and for Scottish Boxing," said SBAC chairman Bernard Connolly.

"We hope he returns to the standard he was."

Harrison failed with a previous attempt to regain his licence in 2008 and was again unsuccessful in October.

In April 2009, Harrison was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison after being found guilty of attempting to steal a car and assaulting two men in the vehicle as well as a policeman in October 2006.

The Glaswegian beat Victor Santiago to become WBO featherweight champion in 2002, lost it in 2003 to Manuel Medina but regained it from the same opponent later that year.

However, after pulling out of a title defence in May 2006, he checked into the Priory Clinic in London citing problems with depression and alcohol.

He was later stripped of his WBO title and his licence to box - and declared bankrupt.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16200314.stm

Back

I am happy for Harrison. I hope he has his head on right and can reach the levels he was. Only time will tell.

Comment

I'd like to see him regain some form. He was a good fighter!

Comment

Hope he can stay out of prison!

Comment

I hope he has got rid of the enablers he had around him last time.

Comment

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post
            Hope he can stay out of prison!
            And the pubs!

Comment

Working...
            X