No announcement yet.

Do All Aussies Hate Mundine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do All Aussies Hate Mundine?

I am just curious. From the outside it sure seems that way.

Is he universally hated over there or is he like Mayweather in the USA where alot of people dislike him, but he also has a strong group of supporters.

Is the hate warranted?
    Does he bring it upon himself (once again using Mayweather as an example)?
    Finally, why is he hated by so many?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just curious.

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
    I am just curious. From the outside it sure seems that way.

Is he universally hated over there or is he like Mayweather in the USA where alot of people dislike him, but he also has a strong group of supporters.

Is the hate warranted?
    Does he bring it upon himself (once again using Mayweather as an example)?
    Finally, why is he hated by so many?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just curious.
    There are two schools on Mundine mate, but his admirers are diminishing quicker than jobs.

Personally, initially, I was very impressed with his skill. He was fast, accurate & very elusive & I thought he had a huge future.
    He was happy padding his record but there was always the odour of fluff about his staged events.
    He was still quite impressive against Kessler & although clearly very green at that level.

After he fought Danny Green, I thought he had matured & was ready to beat Kessler in a re-match. He had the capability to keep the Dane on the back foot.
    When that collapsed & he went back to "Entertainment" fights (Money not competition) I gave him away.

I think it is pretty much the consensus of opinion that his management, Khoder Nasser, is a very competent & astute "promoter" that talks one fight but arranges another, & he knows how to pump-up the press, who willingly love the "Mundine circus"
    They've always adopted the Ali ploy, "C'mon, hate me, make me rich" & people still buy it.

Cheers

Comment

I don't hate him. I find him annoying in that he talks about himself being the best ever yet his best win is a past-prime Echols.

He definately brings it upon himself. Anyone who talks like that without having anything like the goods to back it up does.

There are a lot more Mundine haters in Australia than fans. Of that there is no doubt.

Comment

Working...
      X