Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Curious To See How Pacquiao's Shoulder Reacts In Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
    Should react pretty well. Fake injuries usually heal fast and don't leave any lasting fake damage.
    Beat me to it. He wasn't injured (physically). He was scared to throw punches, because when he did Floyd landed right on the chin.
    The only way Manny could have won would have been to fight like Hatton did against Floyd. He would have to put his chin on the line and throw caution to the wind to have a chance to win, but since the JMM KO, he fights safety first.

That is why I think Bradley will pull the upset, Bradley already knows he can take Manny's best. That will give him confidence to go for it, he can outwork Manny and steal the fight because he wants it more.
    Manny is old and already retired in his mind, not a good combo to have against a fighter who faced you and knows what you bring into the ring. This fight could make Bradley's career and Teddy will have him ready.

Comment

Built in excuse and its already in place in case of the upset , Bradley is getting no credit if he wins and that is BS .

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScene.com
        Pacquiao said last week his shoulder began bothering him in 2009, but that he had always trained and fought through the discomfort.
        Let's assume this is true. I think it's BS, but let's assume it's true. That means Manny Pacquiao, with an allegedly hurt rotator, was able to:
        • STOP Ricky Hatton with ease
        • STOP Miguel Cotto
        • Unanimously beat Josh Clottey (who I feel has even tighter defense than Floyd)
        • Unanimously defeat Margarito
        • Unanimously defeat Mosley AND knock him down when Cotto failed to
        • Unanimously beat Rios
        • Unanimously beat Algieri after knocking him down 6 times. SIX TIMES.

So why couldn't he "fight through the discomfort" (AND WIN) against Floyd? Even if a split decision? I'll tell you why.

No legal pain shot is going to allow you to do that much destruction I listed above with a damaged rotator cuff.

I saw nothing in the Floyd fight where he would have exacerbated any injury. I saw no indication of him being in pain during the fight.

Floyd Mayweather was simply the better fighter that night. Manny was afraid he'd get knocked out by a counter right. Once Manny was domesticated in round 2, the fight was lost.

Thus why I honestly believe Bradley has a chance this time. A coordinated, balanced Bradley beats the current Manny Pacquiao who has never been the same since going to sleep against Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
          yeah. i also thought kobe's injury was fake as well.
          Why?!

Did Kobe wait til he lost the biggest game of his life before he revealed he was injured?

Comment

Working...
          X