Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko: I Knew I Needed a Knockout To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury singing Aerosmith brought heavyweight boxing coverage to its all time low. And that was the best part of the telecast. I wonder if HBO will want to carry the rematch? Does anyone care? Who wants more? Not me. Give me my hour back. Life is too short.

Comment

Am shocked Fury got the decision in Germany against a Klit, even with a point deduction.

Comment

If you knew you needed a knockout to win Wlad then why did you throw your hands in the air in triumph like a muppet just before Michael Buffer announced who the winner was?

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
          Hard to back up the claim that Wlad didn't look old when he's reaching near 40. The HBO commentators hit the nail on the head. They said it's not that Fury looked so dominant its that Wlad looks so bad. To say that Klitschko didn't show his age tonight is delusional. He's been showing it the past two years, it was a matter of time. Hats off to Fury, but I don't think he'll last as champ long even if He defeats Wladimir in a rematch.
          Wlad looked sensational against Pulev and now hes shot? is that what you guys are trying to tell us hmm????

Comment

I've never seen a guy who needed to ko a guy to win be the one initiating all the holding in the final minutes lol I was laughing my ass off.

I'm so glad somebody dethroned this guy.

Comment

No he needed to work the body throw combinations not just try to land His right

Comment

Originally posted by superchamp View Post
                Wlad IS a stinker. He refuses to fight on the inside, and clinches everytime his opponent gets close. I'm literally blown away that he's never lost a point for holding, as I don't think even John Ruiz clinched as much as Klitshcko does.

The problem for him tonight was that for once his opponent was able to land from distance, which completely nullified his gameplan of being the only one who can land from distance and never letting the opponent get off punches in close.

Fury might be sloppy and not nearly as polished, but he really showed how one dimensional Wlad's game plan has been, because even though he was getting outboxed from the outside, he still refused to even try to fight on the inside, although I'm confident that Fury would have outworked him there as well.
                spot on analysis

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
                  you didn't see it coming because YOU DONT KNOW CRAP ABOUT BOXING PERIOD

DAM DICKPULLERS PULLING ON DICKS IS WHAT THEY DO BEST :bukkake:
                  How much you win in Vegas since you seen this coming?

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    I remember Tyson jumped right back up and took his soul.
                    exactly. tyson only got dropped cuz he kept talking...

after that he went ape mode and won

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                      But Wlad doesn't leave ANYTHING to chance. He's fought just as cautious against lesser punchers than Fury and only opened up with shots when he got chance, which he never got.

That's the exact reason he often never got the respect he deserved from a lot of people during his time as champ, because he was very methodical and only threw when he knew he was in no danger.

That style he got stuck in come back to bite him tonight when he couldn't get that rhythm that he finds comfort in.

There's nothing to get. Fury is just a stylistic nightmare for a safety first fighter like Wlad.
                      Very well put. Wlad (since Emanuel) has always had this approach. Wlad throws punches only if the opponent is in position. As soon as the opponent has an awkward style like Haye, Ibragimov, Thompson, Chambers, Jennings and now Fury, Wlad refuses to throw. Usually Wlad is so dominant that 1) the few punches he waits for to throw are enough to KO his opponents 2) he wins every round even without KOing his opponents.

This typical strategy, however, failed against Fury and it had nothing to do with "Wlad being shot". It had something to do with the fact that Fury's style annihilates Wlad's "wait-until-the-opponent-is-in-position", because Fury is never in position. Wlad will now go back to the drawing board, adjust his style (= throw even when not in perfect position), have 1-2 "tune up" fights to try this new style, then face Fury, KO Fury, get his belts back, and retire.

After his KO loss Fury will most probably continue to box and will become a very dominant champ for a long time.
                      Last edited by hweightblogger; 11-29-2015, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X