Collapse
No announcement yet.

Active boxers with college degrees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes those are some fighters. I don't know if Ward has a college degree but he's articulate.

Comment

I thought Bryant Jennings might have had one too (I was wrong).. but when I looked up Jennings I came across this other kid Alex Barbosa who has two degrees from Temple.

Also, Tom Zbikowsi who still plays for the Colts is active sometimes in the off-season. His fights were with top rank, I think.

Comment

Nathan Cleverly has a degree in Maths

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
          yeah it's true he got his degree in Theoretical Physics. He wrote a great paper on Quantum Nonlocality and the Possibility of Superluminal Effects

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I need to know active boxers with college degrees, it's for school.

I know the Klitschko's, JMM, Khan?, who else?

Only active please, so not Juan Diaz.
            The Klitschkos can't be compared to the others. They have Doctorates, which take an extra
            2, sometimes (with a thesis), 3 years. They had to get a Batchelor's degree first.

Comment

I have a Bachelors Degree, and it is a nice personal achievement.

Comment

Matthew Macklin has graduated from College and started Law School but stopped to focus full time on Boxing.

Born in Birmingham, England, to Irish parents, Macklin was studying law at Coventry University while simultaneously competing as an amateur boxer. After winning the national senior Amateur Boxing Association of England welterweight title in 2001, Macklin made the decision to put his studies on hold, to the ire of his parents, in order to pursue a professional boxing career.

http://www.dbe1.com/node/166

Comment

how about one in theoretical particle physics? that will really help his ring IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                    yeah it's true he got his degree in Theoretical Physics. He wrote a great paper on Quantum Nonlocality and the Possibility of Superluminal Effects

I guess it's true that Professor the Brush Broner can solve any problem...

excuse my corny joke

Comment

Mickey Garcia I think got his Associates and is a cop or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X