Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASA Discovers New Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who say this isn't interesting don't understand what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleHardened View Post
      People who say this isn't interesting don't understand what it means.
      Well the first question was "Can we smoke it?".

In evolutionary terms this means that even though water based life cannot exist in some environments, this merely creates an opportunity for other mechanisms of replication to thrive... Which means that we can look for life in gas giants.

Comment

Interesting find, I wonder what they will conclude in the future about Biology once more is learned. Just goes to show how much we probably don't know yet about the mechanics of the universe.

Comment

"I don't know about you but I've not been so excited about a bacteria since my STD tests came back clean."

Comment

hell yeah

this opens up a number of possibilities

arsenic an element that is poisonous to the human body. so it shows that we can have organisms that thrive in areas we would perish.

moreover the fact that it was found on Earth is leaps and bounds more exciting then if they found it elsewhere

it was clearly created in another atmosphere in another place other than Earth....yet it found its way here....which means that bacteria can be carried from planet to planet

which further explains how we got here

its ridiculous some of you dont find the significance in this

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
              hell yeah

this opens up a number of possibilities

arsenic an element that is poisonous to the human body. so it shows that we can have organisms that thrive in areas we would perish.
              Like... the sea?

moreover the fact that it was found on Earth is leaps and bounds more exciting then if they found it elsewhere

it was clearly created in another atmosphere in another place other than Earth....yet it found its way here....which means that bacteria can be carried from planet to planet
              Or it could be an example of more than one instance of abiogenesis on earth... which means that life from non-life is common enough to have occurred at least twice on this planet alone.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Like... the sea?

Or it could be an example of more than one instance of abiogenesis on earth... which means that life from non-life is common enough to have occurred at least twice on this planet alone.
                can i ask you what you do for a living and what diplomas you have?

Comment

Like... the sea?
                  well of course. but i meant more in relation to atmospheres such as Venus who have lethal levels sulfur in the atmosphere or even life being able to come from a gaseous planet.

it means that the formula we thought life had to go by isnt necessarily true

from my understanding they are saying the bacteria is not native to Earth. They kept mentioning it as an alien bacteria. but they could be using the word liberally. I just skimmed quickly over the article.

Comment

Well the first question was "Can we smoke it?".

In evolutionary terms this means that even though water based life cannot exist in some environments, this merely creates an opportunity for other mechanisms of replication to thrive... Which means that we can look for life in gas giants.
                    There might be a one eyed whale out there who feed on Arsenic Only your own fantasy is the restriction of what there might be now. And don't you dare say it isn't so Piggy
                    Last edited by Grand Champ; 12-02-2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

They really, really, really need better PR at NASA. What a ****ty way to announce. Interesting as **** and lots of things to talk about, and the presentation of it was terrible.

Comment

Working...
                      X