Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have an imaginary friend/believe in god?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
    Actually the thread is implying that God is imaginary and that's insulting.....if the thread starter wanted to have an intelligent discussion about people's beliefs that one went out the window as soon as the title was read.
    Hey, whatever the TS said, i dont care about. I was just responding to what you said. And maybe you had in mind what the TS said.
    My posts in this thread havent been anti-religious. I just like discussing religion etc.
    But threads take on a life of their own.

You want to know about Christianity, read the Bible, Judaism, read the Torah, Islam...read the Quran. It's really not that difficult and not as complicated as people make it out to be. If you want to be a Biblical scholar and put names to dates and places that's one thing, if you want to live you life according to what God (Assuming there is a God for this example) wants you to do, its all there in plain black and white

That misses my point completely. I was talking about belief in the bible, not the bible itself. How, when u read the bible, can u know it is the truth?
    That is my point.
    U ask a believer why/how they believe.

You haven't but when people start a thread "imaginary friend" then it's kind of like you are forcing your beliefs and thoughts about how you think I'm so stupid for believing in a higher being and your willingness to insult him and me.
    Agree 100%

It is a dumb argument at this stage in human existence, just like arguing whether aliens exist. Until we see either one, we are talking in circles.
    I dont think anything is dumb if it is a crucial part of our culture. The existence of aliens doent make people blow themselves up or affect childrens education.
    I think the debate has never been more important and relevant.

Comment

• i think we should respect others not because of their religion but because they're human like us. i think aethist just want to increase their population by doing this bashing on religious people.

Comment

• One question

Would you believe in a something you CAN'T SEE , HEAR, FEEL OR SMELL.
        Believing in a god/imaginary friend is LUDICROUS!

If i said i genuinely believe there is a BIG FLOATING RED JELLY BABY hovering above my head, but everytime i look up at it, or people are anywhere near me, it VANISHES.

Someone wrote a book all about their BIG FLOATING RED JELLY BABY - Thousands of years ago.

Everyone would think im crazy if i really believed it was real, and that i loved and prayed to the floating jelly baby, ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!

But PLEASE tell me the difference between the floating jelly baby and G0D?

Both of them have no evidence to prove their existance besides PERSONAL BELIEF and a book which ANYONE CAN WRITE!!

STOP WASTING YOUR TIME, EMOTIONS AND EFFORT HAVING AN IMAGINARY FRIEND, AND LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL!!
        STOP WORRYING ABOUT 'AFTER LIFE'S' AND THAT BULLS***.
        When you die you are NOTHING BUT WORM FOOD.

Just think about falling asleep but never waking up!
        THIS IS THE ONLY LOGICAL WAY TO DESCRIBE WHAT COULD HAPPEN WHEN YOU DIE.

JUST ENJOY LIFE!

- - Its just a matter of time until science prooves how the first specie originated , and how esrth/the planets were formed.

We already know how humans evolved from lower life forms, the evidence is there.

DISCLAIMER: If you are religious you think GOD made a man from DUST, and a woman from the man's RIB!!

Last edited by adamt; 04-28-2010, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by adamt View Post
          One question

If i said i genuinely believe there is a BIG FLOATING RED JELLY BABY hovering above my head, but everytime i look up at it, or people are anywhere near me, it VANISHES.

Someone wrote a book all about their BIG FLOATING RED JELLY BABY - Thousands of years ago.

Everyone would think im crazy if i really believed it was real, and that i loved and prayed to the floating jelly baby, ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!

Both of them have no evidence to prove their existance besides PERSONAL BELIEF and a book which ANYONE CAN WRITE!!

STOP WASTING YOUR TIME, EMOTIONS AND EFFORT HAVING AN IMAGINARY FRIEND, AND LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL!!

JUST ENJOY LIFE!

- - Its just a matter of time until science prooves how the first specie originated , and how esrth/the planets were formed.

We already know how humans evolved from lower life forms, the evidence is there.

DISCLAIMER: If you are religious you think GOD made a man from DUST, and a woman from the man's RIB!!

Thats one of the stupidest **** ive read, its funny cos you can make a pretty good case for why believing in god is stupid, but you obviously cant.

Theres a big difference between a jellybaby and the exsistance in god. Arguin over is there or isnt there a big man in the sky to me is just funny, are you taking the one bit of faith u slightly understand and running with it?

Are you living life to the full by bitching about other people?

Theres evidence in Near Death Experiences which point to anything but us just being worm food.

Id stop thinkin a belief in GOD has anything to do with religion or the bible, it doesnt. You critisize the bible but then use thier stupid symbolism as ammo, dumb.
          Last edited by RainMatic; 04-28-2010, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• I believe there are universal laws that you can't get out of. Action creates reaction and what goes round comes round. I don't believe there is a big man in the sky with a big white beard who is like some super accountant taking notes and watching everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by adamt View Post
              One question

JUST ENJOY LIFE!

embed>
              To the first part.......LOVE. How can you explain to someone lets say from another planet that have no emotions that LOVE is real? They can't feel it, touch it, smell it, yet we know it's real.

This is the sort of comments that make people that don't believe in God look idiotic. To compare God or the existence of God to a "BIG FLOATING RED JELLY BABY" is nothing short of stupid.

I will tell you why..

Because whether you believe in God or not, the history behind Jesus, the prophets and the persona of the Holy texts, have real history and reason behind them, even if there is no God.

Also, every single culture in the world believed in higher beings because of the things they saw around them, rain, water, sun, crops, earth etc.

So if you want to compare the Abrahamic God with let's say Zeus, then I would somewhat agree with your comparison but to say something like the "BIG FLOATING RED JELLY BABY", or "THE IMAGINARY SPAGHETTI MONSTER", is ignorant and insulting.

You don't believe in God, that's fine....but since you don't know for sure, don't make claims like you do.
              Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 04-28-2010, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Mud;8207145]Hey, whatever the TS said, i dont care about. I was just responding to what you said. And maybe you had in mind what the TS said.
                My posts in this thread havent been anti-religious. I just like discussing religion etc.
                But threads take on a life of their own.
                We can discuss religion all you want, I just get tired of the "Does God exist debate"

That misses my point completely. I was talking about belief in the bible, not the bible itself. How, when u read the bible, can u know it is the truth?
                That is my point.
                U ask a believer why/how they believe.
                No that is the point, because if you believe in the Bible, you sort of believe there is a God. It kind of comes hand in hand...hahah

I dont think anything is dumb if it is a crucial part of our culture. The existence of aliens doent make people blow themselves up or affect childrens education.
                I think the debate has never been more important and relevant.
                Culture and the belief or having faith in a higher being are two different things. We don't all have to believe the same thing, every civilization has believed in something, so it's more of a theological and spiritual debate that we are dealing here with and it's moot.

Because bottom line is, it's about faith. There are many things in life you can't understand, you can't explain so how can I explain them to you?

Comment

Working...
                X