Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the fighters really 10-15 pounds heavier in the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the fighters really 10-15 pounds heavier in the ring?

The weigh in is earlier in the day when they arrive at the building. From there forward they shadow box, stretch, hit the mitts, etc. You figure after a couple of rounds those guys probably drop most of that water weight anyway.

There's no hidden agenda in this thread. I just think in reality they probably end up closer to the weight limit than what is told. Water weight is as easy to lose as it is to pack on.

A little off topic, but fun never the less...

There was a Gatti fight, I honestly don't know the bums name he was fighting, but Gatti made weight and then showed up the next day something like 22 lbs heavier and proceeded to knock this bum out so bad he didnt wake up till he was in the hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by KittenFlaps View Post
      A little off topic, but fun never the less...

There was a Gatti fight, I honestly don't know the bums name he was fighting, but Gatti made weight and then showed up the next day something like 22 lbs heavier and proceeded to knock this bum out so bad he didnt wake up till he was in the hospital.
      Joey Gamache - 1 of THE best beatdowns around!

Comment

yes some fighters even go up more than that

Comment

This isnt a topic im to schooled up on or have an opinion either way should be intresting to see how it unfolds tho

Comment

do they weight with shoes, gloves and robe or stripped down?

when do they weigh in at fight night? right before they leave for the ring??

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              Joey Gamache - 1 of THE best beatdowns around!
              That's it! Man first time I watched that fight I had to immediately go on wikipedia to see if he had died or been crippled. Ha, I am gonna go home and watch that fight. Will only take me a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                do they weight with shoes, gloves and robe or stripped down?

when do they weigh in at fight night? right before they leave for the ring??
                good fuccin question... someone answer this man

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
                  good fuccin question... someone answer this man
                  They weigh in wearing skivvies or naked. It's up to them. They weigh in the day before the fight usually. You can find pictures of the weigh ins, people have them in their sigs and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by KittenFlaps View Post
                    They weigh in wearing skivvies or naked. It's up to them. They weigh in the day before the fight usually. You can find pictures of the weigh ins, people have them in their sigs and whatnot.
                    Do you know if they weigh in with skivies on fight night?

Comment

Working...
                    X