No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 11-20

H2h very difficult to gauge.. think he would beat likes of Jack Johnson and Dempsey who would be above him in rank but may be blown away by heavy hitters with great chins like Foreman.

Comment

Wladimir just like Holyfield had more than one 'prime'
      Which 'prime' was better? That's up to historians to decide.
      Don't believe in the lies about Wlad being prime under Steward. That was his '2nd prime'

Let me break this down for you people:

'Prime' is when a fighter looks his best and when that version could beat the other versions.Lennox Lewis was prime from 95ish to 2000ish. His peak was debatable but that's his prime. In other words.
      You can show a random boxing newb.. a Lewis vs Golota fight and a Lewis vs Bruno fight.. and the boxing noob will say 'Ok The Golota version of Lewis was better'.

Mike Tyson:
      looked unbeatable from Berbick to Spinks.. His peak was Spinks.

Wladimir's prime is highly controversial. When was his prime? Well

40-1 with a career defining victory over Chris Byrd should = prime?

Chris Byrd was BY FAR his best win. Not even close, not even up for debate. He looked unbeatable from the Chris Byrd win onward heading into Sanders.

In other words.. you show somebody Wlad vs Byrd.. Wlad vs Jameel McCline... and than you show somebody Wlad vs David Haye or Sultan? Most people will say the early 2000's version of Wlad will destroy the Sultan or Haye version of Wlad.

Some of Wlad's biggest wins and BEST performances came in the early 2000's heading into the Sanders fight.

The truth of the matter is Wlad lost during his absolute offensive peak to Sanders.. and than he lost to Brewster.

The Emmanuel Version of Wladimir .. was quite simply a more cautious version.. a '2nd coming' of his prime. but his true peak is when he lost to Sanders.
      Last edited by Skittlez; 01-01-2013, 02:26 AM.

Comment

he's not every high unless you go with fantasy h2h nonsense but that's entirely subjective. i think h2h baldomir would beat leonard and hearns. can't prove me wrong! wlad has a piss poor resume and fought in an era where none of the top guys fought each other. very hard to become great beating bums and unproven fighters. jimmy young is way higher than wlad. he beat ali, foreman, lyle twice, shavers, and norton. oh but he never had 15 title defenses against crap fighters who never even beat anyone ranked! nm!

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          Gotta disagree. I think there are some great old champs who could have taken him. That doesn't mean they all could beat him back when. Dempsey would have depended on the era. He'd struggle with the pillow and standing eight rules today. In his day, with small gloves and the ability to pound a guy as soon as his glove was up, Dempsey might win. I think Louis drills him, but he probably beats almost all the same guys Louis did. Maybe someone like Baer (either) or Simon gets him on the way up. The 50s for instance. I don't think Ezz, Walcott, Marciano, Patterson, or Johannson stand a chance. Liston would have but that's the back end of the decade. I also think he could have beat most of the early 80s guys not named Holmes. In the eras where he wouldn't have been king, he would have at least been a formidable contender.
          Agreed!

As for his ranking, I think he is just outside the top ten.

Comment

Not top ten, because of the quality of opposition. With that said, the Klit's are doing exactly what they are supposed to in a weak division..rule it, but as you can see it hurts the legacy alittle.

Comment

Early 20's! Many more heavyweight fighter have accomplished much more in their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                Wladimir just like Holyfield had more than one 'prime'
                Which 'prime' was better? That's up to historians to decide.
                Don't believe in the lies about Wlad being prime under Steward. That was his '2nd prime'

Let me break this down for you people:

'Prime' is when a fighter looks his best and when that version could beat the other versions.Lennox Lewis was prime from 95ish to 2000ish. His peak was debatable but that's his prime. In other words.
                You can show a random boxing newb.. a Lewis vs Golota fight and a Lewis vs Bruno fight.. and the boxing noob will say 'Ok The Golota version of Lewis was better'.

Mike Tyson:
                looked unbeatable from Berbick to Spinks.. His peak was Spinks.

Wladimir's prime is highly controversial. When was his prime? Well

40-1 with a career defining victory over Chris Byrd should = prime?

Chris Byrd was BY FAR his best win. Not even close, not even up for debate. He looked unbeatable from the Chris Byrd win onward heading into Sanders.

In other words.. you show somebody Wlad vs Byrd.. Wlad vs Jameel McCline... and than you show somebody Wlad vs David Haye or Sultan? Most people will say the early 2000's version of Wlad will destroy the Sultan or Haye version of Wlad.

Some of Wlad's biggest wins and BEST performances came in the early 2000's heading into the Sanders fight.

The truth of the matter is Wlad lost during his absolute offensive peak to Sanders.. and than he lost to Brewster.

The Emmanuel Version of Wladimir .. was quite simply a more cautious version.. a '2nd coming' of his prime. but his true peak is when he lost to Sanders.
                Wlad's prime when he lost to Sanders!? Hahahha!
                "Offensive prime"! Legendary, hahaha!

You are incredible! Just when I think you can't do it further you come up with the bigger stupidity.

you are not for real? What's your other nickname?
                Last edited by Simurgh; 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I haven't thought out a definitive top 20 list, but off the top of my head I'd say he's top 15. And he is only now starting to show signs of slowing down. Wlad may dominate for several more years and there's no telling where he ends up. Would be nice if he had a rival but he's literally a giant among men.

Comment

Ali
                    Louis
                    Tunney
                    Foreman
                    Fraizer
                    Holmes
                    Lewis
                    Dempsey
                    Holyfield
                    Johnson

10 names off the top of my head i rank higher

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      Wlad's prime when he lost to Sanders!? Hahahha!
                      "Offensive prime"! Legendary, hahaha!

You are incredible! Just when I think you can't do it further you come up with the bigger stupidity.

you are not for real? What's your other nickname?
                      Come on .. Be real here. Wladimir's offensive prime was in the early 2000's.. in terms of pure offense he actually regressed big time..

This is common knowledge

Comment

Working...
                      X