No announcement yet.

James Degale vs George Groves II: IBF 168 lbs Championship

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Degale vs George Groves II: IBF 168 lbs Championship

If Froch vacates cuz he wants to pursue bigger fights as Degale is his mandatory then most likely it will be between Degale-Groves for the Vacant title.

These guys got 19,000 people for their first bout while they were just prospects with less than 15 fights for British and Commonwealth titles. Cleverly's World title bout on the same card was a mere support bout.

This time the fight will be for a World title, so it is sure to be a huge event at Wembley, add the fact both are native Londoners. Groves doesn't deserve another opportunity so soon, but I want Degale to put a spanking on him.

First fight was close, I don't mind Groves got the decision as it was very even and could've gone either way, but let's not pretend he bashed up Degale like some people pretend. If anything props to the judges for doing an excellent job.

One more thing, if you didn't know these guys trained at the same amateur club as kids, so this is a genuine rivalry and not some social media beef.

What do you guys think?
    Degale by decision
    51.61%
    Degale by knock out
    45.16%
    Groves by decision
    3.23%
    Groves by knock out
    0.00%
    Draw
    0.00%
    Last edited by Box-Office; 01-06-2015, 12:29 PM.

isn't froch the IBF champ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      isn't froch the IBF champ?
      Sorry, I forgot to add. IBF has ordered them to fight and if Froch vacates then I've heard they'll try to make it between Degale Groves.

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll add that to the OP.

Comment

DeGale will beat him comfortably this time.

He has been improving big time in rcent fights while Groves has looked like **** since Froch levelled him.

Things change fast, pre-Froch I'd have picked Groves.

Comment

Picked Groves the first time around and felt it could of gone either way.
          In a rematch I like DeGale in a big way. I see genuine growth and maturity in DeGale, Groves to me looks like a shot fighter. I don't know if its his new trainer, The Froch fights or a combination of the two, maybe he was burned out but he has looked horrible as of late. I wouldn't feel safe betting on him to beat any half decent, durable fighter who could punch.

Not sure I want to see a rematch though after all the talk and genuine hatred it was one of the most uneventful grudge matches I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

He has been improving big time in rcent fights while Groves has looked like **** since Froch levelled him.

This is how I feel, too.

If I knew the Groves from the first Froch fight would show up, I would pick him to beat DeGale. But Groves hasn't been the same since that brutal KO loss.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

Groves' chin to me has been always iffy.

Comment

Groves has looked horrendous since the Froch fight. He needs to take a year off or something he's looked dreadful.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                  Groves has looked horrendous since the Froch fight. He needs to take a year off or something he's looked dreadful.
                  You don't think he'll knock out Andre Ward any more?

Comment

Froch ruined Groves. I pick Degale via UD.

Comment

Working...
                    X