Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Canelo No Longer on 5/4, May Face Trout on 4/20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Canelo No Longer on 5/4, May Face Trout on 4/20

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer confirmed to BoxingScene.com that WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (41-0-1, 30KOs) will no longer be a part of the Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero undercard, which is scheduled to take place on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

There were deep negotiations for Canelo to face WBA champion Austin Trout (26-0, 14KOs) on the card, as the Showtime Pay-Per-View co-feature.

For several weeks, Schaefer has been working very hard behind the scenes to make that doubleheader possible, but the agreement hit a major snag in the last few days.

As BoxingScene reported earlier, Canelo was refusing to fight on the Mayweather-Guerrero undercard - unless Mayweather contractually agreed to fight him on September 14th. [Click Here To Read More]

this is now a pretty ****ty card

Comment

Put Mares-Ponce on 5/4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

or at least Maidana-Josesito

Comment

Canelo is getting above himself here.

Comment

Would be great if they get one of those 3 fights on the May 4th undercard.

Atleast Trout-Alvarez is happening.

Comment

Just as I thought; this kid has say so in his career after all.

I wish he showed this same control over his career and refused to fight Lopez like I knew he had the capability of doing and fighting someone like Lara instead.

Comment

So the spring will have some nice scraps.

"May" face Trout. Hopefully this turns official soon.

Comment

What a shitty ass card on May 4th

Comment

All I know is that Lopez/Maidana and Matthysse/Peterson better not be moved because of this crap. Alvarez vs Trout is a fine fight, but I rather see those other two first.

Comment

Working...
                    X