Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Is Floyd now higher on the ATG List then Lewis? Will he be when he's done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Is Floyd now higher on the ATG List then Lewis? Will he be when he's done?

As of right now at least, most boxing publications and experts had Lewis ranked over Floyd prior Cotto fight, but the gap was already close

most magazines went somewhat like Lewis 28, Floyd 34, Lewis 33 , Floyd 40 etc. So they are not that far apart.
    Do you guys think with Cotto's win Floyd's resume and ATG rankings is now over Lennox's?

Will he be over Lewis's when he's done?

I personally think IF Floyd fight 2 more good fighters and beat them both, you gotta rank him over Lewis.

But it depends on who he fights

Remember we are talking about resume
    In terms of overall skills

Floyd is probably top 5 all time imo
    No Floyd is and always will be under Lennox Lewis.
    29.41%
    Yes Floyd is atm on top of Lewis
    55.88%
    No, but when Floyd is done fighting he will be on top of Lewis
    14.71%
    Last edited by TheHayeMaker; 05-09-2012, 03:27 PM.

He s definately over lewis in terms of atg and resume

Comment

He was over Lewis prior to fighting Cotto.

Comment

You guys must be Americans no? Lewis will always be ranked higher than mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          I don't believe that.
          I will not say you never watched Lewis or the HW'S during the 90's because I don't know that. But a comment like that make it seem like you didn't.

A lot of Lewis's wins are massively underrated

Say the 1 minute ko of Andrew Golota. Golota destroyed a semi prime Bowe back to back heading into that fight and was a vegas favorite.

He won like 11 of 12 Rounds against a still very good Holyfield.

Who did Floyd beat as of right now that was as good as the 98-99 version of Holyfield?

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
            This sound like some anti Lewis anti Heavyweight, or just lack of knowledge bull**** tbh as I read this comment. It's insane to think he's 'over' Lewis prior to Cotto.

The cotto fight was huge for Floyd's resume and it helped him a lot. Prior to Cotto
            even the most hardcore Floyd fans will have him around the same as Lewis maybe...

Comment

Yes.

Lewis resume:
              Tony Tucker (Top 10 HW), Frank Bruno, Phil Jackson (Top 10 HW), Tommy Morrison, Ray Mercer, Oliver McCall, Henry Akinwande (Top 10 HW), Andrew Golota (Top 10 HW), Shannon Briggs (Top 10 HW), Evander Holyfield (WBA/IBF HW champ/#1 HW/#3 P4P), Michael Grant (#3 ranked HW), Frans Botha, Hasim Rahman (Top 10 HW), David Tua (Top 10 HW), Mike Tyson (#2 ranked HW), Vitali Klitschko (Top 10 HW).

Of course, his Vitali win is diminshed in a lot of eyes because he won by a semi-lucky cut stoppage in a fight he was clearly losing 4-2 in rounds. He's one of the best HW's ever, and H2H he's easily one of the top HW's.

Floyd resume:
              Genaro Hernandez (WBC/RING SFW champ), Angel Manfredy (#1 ranked SFW), Gregorio Vargas (Top 10 SFW), Diego Corrales (#5 P4P/#1 SFW), Carlos Hernandez (Top 10 SFW), Jesus Chavez (Top 10 SFW), Jose Luis Castillo (WBC LW champ/#1 LW), Victoriano Sosa (Top 10 LW), DeMarcus Corley (Top 10 JWW), Arturo Gatti (WBC JWW champ/#1 JWW), Zab Judah (IBF WW champ/Top 10 WW), Carlos Baldomir (WBC/RING WW champ), Oscar De La Hoya (WBC SWW champ/#3 SWW), Ricky Hatton (#8 P4P), Juan Manuel Marquez (#2 P4P), Shane Mosley (WBA WW champ/#1 WW/#3 P4P), Victor Ortiz (WBC WW champ/#2 WW), and Miguel Cotto (WBA SWW champ/#1 SWW).

Of course, the Marquez fight was a t 144, favoring Floyd. but he should get some props for that because JMM arguably just beat Manny at the same weight. And Gatti was the #1 JWW, but he was really the 2nd best because Tszyu was the RING JWW champ at the time.

I'd say Floyd, because I think his resume is just a bit deeper, though a past prime-still good Holyfield at that point was probably the best win on either's resume to me.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 05-09-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

lol he's been ahead of lewis for years.

Comment

Originally posted by underground man View Post
                  lol he's been ahead of lewis for years.
                  not according to every single viable and legitimate boxing magazine.

Before you say they dont know **** about boxing

Trust me the 'ring, boxing news' and all these other magazines might not 'know **** about boxing' but they probably know more then you

Comment

Obviously I just want great opinions like the one 'corner eagle' gave. Every site will have different opinions

on that 'other' site it will be 99 to 1 in favor of Lewis. That was too bias for me, hopefully I get some more well thought out opinions

Comment

Working...
                    X