Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Haye and Khan share a PPV does it set a new price?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Haye and Khan share a PPV does it set a new price?

What do you reckon? We've been paying £15 for a long time while Americans pay more than double, plus a premium for HD. VAT going up too...

I think Haye vs Klitschko will cost us £20, Khan or no Khan, and that'll set the precedent for us to pay £20 or more every time.
    Last edited by Enzo Mc is SHIT; 01-02-2011, 07:25 PM.

I hope not but then again it's not as if we have PPV's every month.

Comment

You guys are lucky you don't have to pay PPV, it sucks. Every damn fight is PPV now and the free streams on the internet suck about 90% of the time.

Comment

VAT has gone up to 20% too so that will have an effect and also this stuff is going to get more expensive for the bigger games.

Cue Frank Warren saying that its a sign that British boxing is bigger. Meanwhile Froch don't get paid.

Comment

I dont think they would fight on the same card, they are two greedy boxers and if Haye wants to retire soon he wont want to share his PPV profits 4 ways (himself/Klitchko, Khan/whoever he fights)

They will fight on seperate cards for £19.99 each, not bad really, remember when there used to be 5 or 6 fights a year PPV? every Tyson, Lewis and Naz fight were PPV, Naz would fight 2 or 3 times a year, Lewis twice, Tyson at least once.

Now we only have Haye and Khan who can sell fights in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by lyrical View Post
            I dont think they would fight on the same card, they are two greedy boxers and if Haye wants to retire soon he wont want to share his PPV profits 4 ways (himself/Klitchko, Khan/whoever he fights)

They will fight on seperate cards for £19.99 each, not bad really, remember when there used to be 5 or 6 fights a year PPV? every Tyson, Lewis and Naz fight were PPV, Naz would fight 2 or 3 times a year, Lewis twice, Tyson at least once.

£15 is more than enough imo.

the ****s put adverts on ffs!

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              £15 is more than enough imo.

the ****s put adverts on ffs!
              exactly, i wouldn't mind before/after fights but the cheek to do it between rounds for a PPV Boxing event is horrendous.

Comment

Well there is nothing you or I can do about that. If that one advert between several of the rounds wasn't there then PPV would cost closer to £50

Comment

£15 , it would get over 1.5 million buys easy

Comment

Originally posted by lyrical View Post

both these guys in U.K make big money. but both would have problems internationaly selling it unless HBO or the other bigboys sell it. and having both on same venue would interest bigboys. but by themselves don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                    X