Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder vs. Jennings on The Horizon For January 9th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
    The Ali who defended against Alfred "The Tomato" Evangelista, Rudi Lubbers and Jean-Pierre Coopmans?

The Foreman who defended against Joe Roman and Axel Shulz?

The Frazier who defended against Terry Daniels and Ron Stander?

Somehow I think they'd be OK with it.
    Well said. Jennings is a good fight, the man gave Klitchko a tough time... Possibly the last individual to do so in the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
      Well said. Jennings is a good fight, the man gave Klitchko a tough time... Possibly the last individual to do so in the last 3 years.
      funny how winning maybe two rounds against wlad is giving him a tough time. just goes to show how damn dominant hes been

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
        funny how winning maybe two rounds against wlad is giving him a tough time. just goes to show how damn dominant hes been
        Jennings certainly put up a better fight against Wlad than Povetkin did. Povetkin was utterly destroyed by Clinchko.

A Jennings-Povetkin-Klitschko run in 2016 would be the best run by a HW since oh like ever if Wilder can pull it off..

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          True... Same could be said about Povetkin. For 10 out of 12 rounds Wlad looked the better man.

Question is, can Wilder win in a more dramatic fashion(which I believe is the idea)? I don't think so, outside of a big KO.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
            True... Same could be said about Povetkin. For 10 out of 12 rounds Wlad looked the better man.

Question is, can Wilder win in a more dramatic fashion(which I believe is the idea)? I don't think so, outside of a big KO.
            Pffft Povetkin lost to Wlad by 15 points in a 12 round fight. Outside of a KO you can't get beat worse than that..

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
              Pffft Povetkin lost to Wlad by 15 points in a 12 round fight. Outside of a KO you can't get beat worse than that..
              wlad has got older and his reflexes havent been as sharp since the povetkin fight

Comment

This is a fight I can get behind.

Comment

Top ten fighter in a weak division that is building. And still some complain....

Comment

Normaly he has to fight povetkin next but this is a fight where im not against it if the negotiation for the povetkin indeed takes longer

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                      Reinforcement as why this division is the weakest in boxing...
                      I don't get you. Are you saying that Bryant isn't a good opponent or are you just annoyed that Wilder isn't fighting Povetkin next?

Comment

Working...
                      X