No announcement yet.

Froch fans are delusional, he has no chance against Groves in the rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
    Froch got a few straight punches in but the majority were being blocked by Groves. Even that little rally before the stoppage, only a few clear punches got in.
    Stoppage was very poor but Groves was still badly hurt. Doesn't look good for him for the rematch if Froch hardly landed and still had him in big trouble..

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      Froch stops him again

W TKO 9 12x3
      time: 1:33 | referee: Howard John Foster |

Not with a competent ref.

Comment

Froch got a few straight punches in but the majority were being blocked by Groves. Even that little rally before the stoppage, only a few clear punches got in.

Face looks abit damaged for a guy who blocked the majority of the punches.

Groves was winning the fight, but he definitely took his share of punches in the fight.

Comment

Froch is too slow, doesn't have the reflexes, hand speed or foot speed to keep up with Groves. Is not way near as technically proficient offensively or defensively and has miles on the clock. His chin is crazy no doubt, as is his stamina, but that is it.

Look I like Froch and don't really like Groves as he comes across as a bit too smug for my liking but he will beat Froch just like he was punishing him before that ludicrous stoppage. Froch will do what he's done his whole career, eat punches all night and wait for his opponent to gas before putting pressure on again.

Groves is a beast, he held his own with David f***ing Haye, and has handled many cruiser weights in sparing.

The betting odds are a license to print money and I will not hesitate to put a bet on this fight.
          Ok then, if your that confident, lets have a 30 quid bet?

Comment

The stoppage was awful... I said it then and I say it now...
            ... The stoppage was just unjust, but I've seen worse lately...

Comment

Froch looked every bit as tired as Groves at the start of the 9th. Look at the way he clumsily ran at Groves just before he 'stopped' him. Froch looked like a marathon runner who's just about to finish. Watched the fight back the other day, Froch had some success later on in the fight but I don't think he turned it full circle, I gave Groves the 8th and at the start of the 9th he hurt Froch twice, he put him on his heels with a jab.

There's no doubting Groves was hurt, he was hurt, Froch landed a temple shot right at the start of the period where the stoppage began to take place. The fight was stopped early, and had it gone on I think Froch would have stopped Groves. I think people are reading too much into the fact that Froch did improve after 5, but he still lost some rounds leading upto the 9th, because he was so **** from 1-5 I think that masks it a little, rounds 5,6,7 and 8 were 60/40 in favour of Groves and IMO I don't believe Froch fully turned it around.

The biggest joke of that night was the judges scoring of the fight. He won 5 of the 8 rounds clearly with a knockdown, and after watching the 6th again I honestly don't think you could argue at that being given a 10-8 round to Groves, Froch was absolutely pummeled in that round.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
                Froch looked every bit as tired as Groves at the start of the 9th. Look at the way he clumsily ran at Groves just before he 'stopped' him. Froch looked like a marathon runner who's just about to finish. Watched the fight back the other day, Froch had some success later on in the fight but I don't think he turned it full circle, I gave Groves the 8th and at the start of the 9th he hurt Froch twice, he put him on his heels with a jab.

There's no doubting Groves was hurt, he was hurt, Froch landed a temple shot right at the start of the period where the stoppage began to take place. The fight was stopped early, and had it gone on I think Froch would have stopped Groves. I think people are reading too much into the fact that Froch did improve after 5, but he still lost some rounds leading upto the 9th, because he was so **** from 1-5 I think that masks it a little, rounds 5,6,7 and 8 were 60/40 in favour of Groves and IMO I don't believe Froch fully turned it around.

The biggest joke of that night was the judges scoring of the fight. He won 5 of the 8 rounds clearly with a knockdown, and after watching the 6th again I honestly don't think you could argue at that being given a 10-8 round to Groves, Froch was absolutely pummeled in that round.
                The scoring was a joke, granted. But, I certainly wouldn't say the 6th was 10-8. It was a clear Groves round but Froch had Groves on the ropes for part of the round despite not landing too much. Not enough to give that 10-8.

Comment

Thought not ahaha, we all know who will be victorious come the 31st.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Face looks abit damaged for a guy who blocked the majority of the punches.

Groves was winning the fight, but he definitely took his share of punches in the fight.
                    Groves appears to bruise very easily... even after sparring he looks bruised up.

Comment

Anyone else wanna bet some coin on this fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X