No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murray Targets Daniel Geale: I Belong at World Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murray Targets Daniel Geale: I Belong at World Level

MARTIN MURRAY wants another world title crack after setting his sights on new WBA and IBF champion Daniel Geale.

The unbeaten St Helens middleweight held Felix Sturm to a draw in Germany last December and has been playing a waiting game ever since.

Clashes with WBC champion ­Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and WBO belt holder Dmitry Pirog have both ­fallen through. [Click Here To Read More]

This chump needs to earn his right to face the double champion in Daniel Geale.

Comment

I see Danny Geale doing a number on young Murray anyway.

Comment

He arguably beat sturm. Judges in Germany called it a Draw. He's at world level. He actually performed better against sturm than Geale did. I could see a Draw for gaele or even a win for Sturm in that fight. I couldn't see a Draw for Sturm in the Murray fight

Comment

Murray vs. Geale is a great fight. I think it's Geale's best bet next TBH. Would be action packed and competitive.

Comment

I'm frustrated at Murray & Barker.

Murray drew with Sturm and fought a 13-2 opponent in his last fight, rumoured to be fighting another novice opponent too. Macklin is in America now so he's in good hands, fights Alcine tonight and will probably look for another title shot somewhere down the line. But his fight against Alcine after being beaten by Martinez is much better than Barker's proposed fight with Rotolo.

I feel like many British boxers do not strike whilst the iron is hot. You cannot afford to re-charge your batteries against lesser opponents after you've challenged for a world title. You must remain active against the other contenders in the division, manoeuvring yourself in to title shots and fulfilling your potential. Which I feel the likes of Barker and Murray and others will not unless they take the risks. However, most of the time the problem with opposition resides at a promotional/managerial level.

Comment

Yea Murray, you belong at the World Level, but only if your definition of World is UK and Ireland, then yea buddy, you at the top of the world

Comment

Nobody wants to mention Golovkin.

Not surprised.

Comment

Working...
                X