No announcement yet.

Why the criticism over berto Flaws but

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by check hook View Post
    ppl need to chillout with the Berto hate.....after all the man keeps winning does he not???

It's not like Quintana is a scrub.
    Quintana who beat Pwill no but the Quintana that Berto fought is not even a ranked fighter.And even with Berto stopping him he still did not look good.

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
      Quintana who beat Pwill no but the Quintana that Berto fought is not even a ranked fighter.And even with Berto stopping him he still did not look good.
      He was off for 11 months and then throw the tragedy on top pf that. Then mix in Quintana's slick lefty style.

Then you have the recipe for what you seen Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        He was off for 11 months and then throw the tragedy on top pf that. Then mix in Quintana's slick lefty style.

Then you have the recipe for what you seen Saturday.
        Ok e en if I give you that(which I'm not buying by the way).Whats the reason he look bad(and got a home cook meal)against Collazo?I think he party and drinks to much(the same thing I blame for Cotto slide downwards)and does not take his his craft seriously.He gets by of talent alone.I don't see him beatimg a top WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          No, I wouldn't. Mosley dominated Collazo.

The question is about his flaws, not about whether or not he's green. If his flaws are because he's green then cool, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

This is just a silly excuse. Plenty of guys look good against southpaws. Cotto destroyed Quintana and looked fantastic doing it.

There are some guys who struggle with slick fighters, sure. But I think the issue here is that Quintana and Collazo are the only quality opponents Berto has faced, not that they are the only skilled southpaws.

Even with a weight advantage, Berto was less impressive against Urango than Hatton was. Why? Because of quality, not because of style.

The fight with Quintana and Cotto was competitive before Cotto landed that knockout punch to the body which look like to me it landed in Quintana back which is illegal.

And Pacquiao has struggled against bums numerous times.He even got dropped twice in his career by bums.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            That is the most overblown BS about any fight in recent years, Cotto was not badly buzzed against Judah, if anything Cotto was much more badly hurt against Corley, Torres.

Cotto beat the **** out of Judah and looked good overall.

You talking about a Judah who hardly threw any punches cause his confidence was shot up.

Why don`t you use an example where a fighter throws back and is atleast a decent fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
              It's because Pac's speed makes up for any sort of visible of technical error.

Just like RJJ's athleticism and reflexes allowed him to have flawed defensive technique and get away with it.

Berto is slower which makes the flaws more obvious.

It doesn`t erase the flaws Pacquiao has and Pacquiao has struggled against bums numerous times.

Comment

Working...
              X