Chad Dawson: "I'm very comfortable @ 172 lbs to fight Lucian Bute"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    Pfffft.

Hopkins cleaned out his division, fought everyone who was anyone, unified all the damn belts and fought all of his mandatories before he fought any of the big names coming up in weight such as Oscar.

Dawson cant hold Bhops jockstrap as far as legacy goes.

He also tried to fight Hopkins and Calzaghe, who were considered the best two in the division at the time. He certainly has been trying to fight the best.

He defended against Johnson, and ultimately avenged that first performance.

He got a belt off of Tarver, and then had to rematch him due to contractual obligation.

He also beat an undefeated Adamek, who has been doing big things since.

If he does beat Pascal, Bute and Cloud... he'd have a damn solid resume built up.

Comment

i fail to see how dawson is so great these other guys aint on his level....good boxer yes...he does not dominate in one category the only time i thought he was dominant was against tarver the 1st time.....in the past 5 years everybody hes faced is over 31!!....lets see how he does against pascal a guy who can match his speed before we crown his ass...

Comment

Chinny Dawson gets KTFO by Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post

If he does beat Pascal, Bute and Cloud... he'd have a damn solid resume built up.
          Yes it would be solid. I would prefer him to clean out 175 and unify the belts before talking about 168 pounders. He has the chance to do so.

Comment

He also tried to fight Hopkins and Calzaghe, who were considered the best two in the division at the time. He certainly has been trying to fight the best.

He defended against Johnson, and ultimately avenged that first performance.

He got a belt off of Tarver, and then had to rematch him due to contractual obligation.

He also beat an undefeated Adamek, who has been doing big things since.

The grest thing about Hopkins is having so many titelists, and great fighters on his resume, along with a record breaking title defense record. In addition to this coming back at an age where you should be fat and battling holesteral and diabetis to become the linear champ ina new division and be number one there for three years.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              Yes it would be solid. I would prefer him to clean out 175 and unify the belts before talking about 168 pounders. He has the chance to do so.
              Cloud is greener than Bute... I don't see any problem with fighting him first.

BUT WHERE IS JURGEN BRAEHMER?!? He can't be the best if he doesn't beat Braehmer!

Comment

Can anyone really call this a duck by Bute if he declines to go to 175?

I mean he is a champ at 168, the bigger Draw etc, yet he is expected to hop up in weight?

I ask this because I have a feeling Bute would want this at 170 or possible 168.

I know people will say he is ducking if he goes that right but with all things considered he has every right to make those demands, esp. since Dawson is the one pushing for this fight.

Comment

This fight wont get made. Bute will continue fighting clubfighters ala Brinkley untill the supersix is concluded. And Dawson calling Bute out shows how desperate he is looking for a marquee fight.

Comment

Cloud is greener than Bute... I don't see any problem with fighting him first.

BUT WHERE IS JURGEN BRAEHMER?!? He can't be the best if he doesn't beat Braehmer!
                    Lol , Bute is better than Cloud p4p, but lets not forget Bute was KOed by Andrate the first time, Bute wouldn't look so good against Cloud at 175 ina 12 rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      This fight wont get made. Bute will continue fighting clubfighters ala Brinkley untill the supersix is concluded. And Dawson calling Bute out shows how desperate he is looking for a marquee fight.
                      I swear to god Bute pulled the biggest smoke and mirrors effect with him beating Andrate and Miranda who can get KOed by anybody with power now.

Comment

Working...
                      X